Game Thread Friday the 14th

cwsox

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ozzie ball is about getting the litttle things done such as bunting but noe not the sox  can't do s***

I don't understand why he doesn't at least try a hit and run play rather than a steal. Harris should have been protecting the plate and swinging on that last pitch. If Rowand was stealing at least take a chance to protect the runner. What is worse is our runners are getting thrown out by no name second rate catchers.

I dont mind when the Sox lose because they got outplayed.

It is frustrating to see them lose because their manager just did not recognize the situation.

The first was when Valentin was facing the LHP, if he pinch hits with Uribe, Harris has a chance to steal, hit and run, etc. With the Lefty in to face Valentin, Harris doesnt even get a chance, Valentin strikes out.

The second was when Thomas walked to start the inning, instead of pinch running for Thomas, and recognizing that Lee is in a funk so maybe having him bunt or a hit and run, he keeps Thomas in. Only after Lee and Konerko strike out does Thomas get pinch ran for. It makes no sense, because if Ozzie was going to pinch run for him ever, he should of done it first, because you cant win the game without tieing it first.

Third is when he had Sandy Alomar bunt. If you are just telegraphing you are moving the runner over on a bunt, you put a player in that is going to get the bunt down 98 times out of a 100. Timo and Uribe were much better choices, instead we waste an out.

::shrugs::

In a 1 run game, mistakes are what cost you.

If there was some theory behind what he did, I wouldnt mind. Because being a monday morning qb is lame, but when it just is so obvious what the right move is, you have to wonder what he was thinking.

I think the cold just made him inattentive, I have no other rationale explanation.

SB

while i in no way am calling for Ozzie's head, i will say that Ozzie, and the offense for that matter, were absolutely f***ing pathetic tonight

That's a fair statement in my opinion.

This type of game again is why I think that writer's column

saying our lineup would be fine without Maggs

was such a piece of s***.

I blame Sandy more than anybody.

Get the frickin bunt down.

Does anybody remember if Oz was a good bunter

when he played?

Did he put down the sac bunt with aplomb or

was he a hack trying to bunt?

I can't recall.

I know he hardly ever walked.

but could Oz put down a sac bunt?

That killed us when Sandy couldn't lay down the bunt.

A few things I have to say about tonights game:

Why did Frank get pinch run for with 2 outs in the 8th? If you are going to pinch run for him, do it with 0 outs when he first reaches base, and don't put Gload in, put Uribe or Perez in.

Why can't Sandy bunt? Personally I would have liked to see Olivo in there to bunt.

Why steal at the end? They knew he was going and Rowand is not the best baserunner either.

Schoe was outstanding once again, and it's a damn shame he didn't get the win.

Where the hell is the offense?

Nuff said.