music

hi8is

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to 10000 Maniacs "In My Tribe" right now. 16 Years ago my then girlfriend (now wife) got into a fight over this disc. We were freshmen in college, and she was having a party in her room. She was playing this disc, and I asked her if she had anything else. Something less depressing. She kept saying, "Listen to the words." My refusal to acknowlege the excellence of the words led to a biiiig fight. I still bring it up every so often. I'll just say "listen to the words." It's something we laugh about now.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm listening to 10000 Maniacs "In My Tribe" right now. 16 Years ago my then girlfriend (now wife) got into a fight over this disc. We were freshmen in college, and she was having a party in her room. She was playing this disc, and I asked her if she had anything else. Something less depressing. She kept saying, "Listen to the words." My refusal to acknowlege the excellence of the words led to a biiiig fight. I still bring it up every so often. I'll just say "listen to the words." It's something we laugh about now.

EVERYTHING that Natalie Merchant sings on sounds exactly the same..... and every chorus is "heh heh, heeey heeeey, heh heh heeeey heeeey"

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
i like the cover, dude. too much clutter on magazines nowadays. Soon all the info will be on the cover like it is on newspapers like the WSJ.

Thanks! I took the picture myself. It's of Benji Lee of Supagroup. Trust me, there are WAY more words in my 'zines than there are pictures! LOL!

QUOTE(Cali @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
Please_Come_Home.jpg

A pretty great folk album from the lead singer of Thrice, so, so good.

Especially the title track, and "Blanket of Ghosts"

Highly reccomended...

Folk rock, not folk. I gave him a listen on MySpace. Decent stuff, but I'll stick with my other folk loves.

naw, im still around... why do you ask?

ive been getting sober... been to rehab and now im at a sober living home. =)

i was just noticing how this thread is still around... and how big it is.... unreal. i have a resentment toward the person who started to film thread... that one has 1 more f***ing page.... god damn it all to hell!

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jan 28, 2007 -> 11:55 PM)
naw, im still around... why do you ask?

ive been getting sober... been to rehab and now im at a sober living home. =)

i was just noticing how this thread is still around... and how big it is.... unreal. i have a resentment toward the person who started to film thread... that one has 1 more f***ing page.... god damn it all to hell!

I hadn't seen you around, that's all. Good luck with your new lifestyle.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
I borrowed a friends Rush cd and now im really into them! Its basically all i've been listening to since i got it! What are everybody's feelings towards Rush?

The vocal are God awful.

Rush and Queen, two of the most over rated 'great' bands.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
The vocal are God awful.

Rush and Queen, two of the most over rated 'great' bands.

Sheesh...Rush also?

Ya know who I used to love as a kid, but fell out of love with, and have tried getting into again, but I am now convinced fooled everybody by recording albums of about 75% "filler", then having 25% really good?

Van Halen

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 07:17 PM)
Sheesh...Rush also?

Ya know who I used to love as a kid, but fell out of love with, and have tried getting into again, but I am now convinced fooled everybody by recording albums of about 75% "filler", then having 25% really good?

Van Halen

I still like 1984.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 08:17 PM)
Sheesh...Rush also?

Van Halen

Even as a kid I thought VH sucked and as time passes, they sound worse and worse to me.....BUT I love "Panama" and 'Hot For Teacher'. "I don't feel tardy" :lolhitting

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
I borrowed a friends Rush cd and now im really into them! Its basically all i've been listening to since i got it! What are everybody's feelings towards Rush?

We had a long discussion about why they aren't in the R&R HoF.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 12:26 AM)

i like rush... they're good.... it took me a while to accept the vocals but after i got past that, i started to really enjoy their stuff.... niel pert is f***in awsome.