So what do I do with my Maggs Jersey?

UofIChiSox

With Maggs out of here, what do I do with the jersey that I got last Christmas?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. With Maggs out of here, what do I do with the jersey that I got last Christmas?

• Wear it proudly, it's retro now!
    • Try to sell it, TRAITOR!
    • Hide it in my closet.
    • Try to get the Ordonez and 30 removed.
    • Just throw it away.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
Never, ever put your own name the back of a jersey.  You might as well say ... "Hey! I'm a dork."

That would work for me without looking dorky since a former sox player has the same last name as me...except..he only played here half a season. I guess that's still dorky. :P

I have a Maggs shirt and I'm tempted to just duct tape his name.

QUOTE(GarlandFan20 @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
That would work for me without looking dorky since a former sox player has the same last name as me...except..he only played here half a season. I guess that's still dorky.  :P

I have a Maggs shirt and I'm tempted to just duct tape his name.

and who's that?

by the way, sell it on ebay, some loser will buy it at a good price

my friend still has an Owens Niners jersey....a Griffey Seattle jersey...a Keyshawn Buccaneers jersey...a Rice Oakland jersey...an A-Rod Texas Jersey. And he still wears them all. I'm going to keep mine...but I probably won't wear it, until he returns to the Sox or retires...so it will be old school or whatever.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
I'd just hang on to it for a while.  Consider the jersey on "suspension."

Never, ever put your own name the back of a jersey.  You might as well say ... "Hey! I'm a dork."

Fisk, Ventura, Aparicio, Fox, Thomas, John, Horlen, Peters, Allen .... any of those guys would be good on a Sox jersey.  But then, I've always been partial to Tommy John, Joel Horlen and Gary Peters, so maybe that's just me.

I think you're forgetting about the best Sox player of all time, YAS -- Dan Pasqua :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
I saw a kid at my school today wearing a Sox Belle jersey. Damned if I didn't do a double take.

Cal Eldred was one of the best surprises for the Sox in the last 5 years. That 2000 season would never half happened without him.

I wore my $5 replipca Belle jersey from the Sox Garage Sale to school the other day. :headbang

Last Christmas I got a Maggs All-Star Game jersey. It is a rare jersey since he was a late addition to the team in 2003 so I'm going to keep mine. I might wear it to some games on occasion because I like the jersey a lot. Who would have thought I would have been better off buying a Jurassic Carl All-Star jersey. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
Jermaine Dye jersey? You might as well wear a blackhawks jersey.

Don't hate on my boy Jermaine! IMO, he's was the key signing of the whole off-season and probably the biggest bargain. :headbang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 12:57 AM)
Don't hate on my boy Jermaine! IMO, he's was the key signing of the whole off-season and probably the biggest bargain.  :headbang

6109.jpg

Hi, I'm AJ Pierzynski. I'm gonna hit 30 points higher than Jermaine and play a much more demanding offensive position. I'm gettin' paid half what Jermaine is.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
6109.jpg

Hi, I'm AJ Pierzynski.  I'm gonna hit 30 points higher than Jermaine and play a much more demanding offensive position.  I'm gettin' paid half what Jermaine is.

OMG AJ PIERZYNSKI POSTED ON SOXTALK!!!!11!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!

UofIChiSox.......you tried to send me some kind of e-mail from the SoxTalk website, but it wouldn't go through for some reason.

Just send me an e-mail to awesomefan@hotmail.com

Is that you HEATHER???? If it is you then I got to tell you I saw a reallly COOL Blackhawks t-shirt today at a Goodwill store. I meant to get it for you, but ended up forgetting to get it. I'll go back tomorrow & get it. It was pretty awesome.

It had Chicago Blackhawks on it with a picture of SNOOPY dressed in a hockey outfit with a hockey stick. :P

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
I'm in quite the pickle with this.  I hate to straight up lose it, but I'll feel dumb wearing it at games.

I wouldn't feel dumb wearing the jersey of a former player, especially one of that stature. You ever see how many folks still wear Jeremy Roenick jerseys at Blackhawks games?

Wear it proudly since he was a great player for us in his time here.

If you still want to get rid of it though might I suggest EBAY?