Eddie Guardado

GoSox05

Is he avail at all. I know there were some talks but i havent heard much lately. Seattle is just about out of it being 14.0 games outs and 9 under .500

Eddie Guardado could be nice bullpen help, he's also left handed.

Some like this would make more sense than an Aj Burnett.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:59 PM)
Is he avail at all.  I know there were some talks but i havent heard much lately.  Seattle is just about out of it being 14.0 games outs and 9 under .500

at this point i think guardado will be available, but expensive. whoever loses out on billy wagner will probably overpay to get guardado. i know hes an injury concern, but you are playing for this year alone, and you gotta roll the dice on this guy. personally id rather have wagner, who should be available. i cant imagine seattle would completely ignore offers, they have to listen for guardado, we just may have to take a guy like ibanez on as well, and maybe we could dump him to another team or something

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 06:59 PM)
Is he avail at all.  I know there were some talks but i havent heard much lately.  Seattle is just about out of it being 14.0 games outs and 9 under .500

Seattle wanted to wait til closer to the deadline before putting him on the market, we'll see if that's a wise move or not for them.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 02:10 PM)
Seattle wanted to wait til closer to the deadline before putting him on the market, we'll see if that's a wise move or not for them.

It will be wise. What people are willing to offer now will only get larger as teams need to compete once Wagner is dealt.

Let it be known: this is my guy.

This is the ONE guy I want to see in a Sox uniform down the strech moreso than any other potential target. If Eddie comes in and is able to maintain his current success, our bullpen is instantly one of the best in all of baseball.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Isn't he pitching with a torn rotator cuff, or some other extreme injury? I'm sorry, but when you get a reliever down the stretch, you need him to be a workhorse. This is Everyday Eddie, but I'm skeptical about his injury.

No t, that was last yr.

QUOTE(T R U @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 05:15 PM)
Im worried about his arm.. isnt he damaged?

He has a partially torn rotator cuff.

Proof

Ask Mariners trainer Rich Griffin how remarkable it is that Guardado is pitching so well with a partially torn rotator cuff, and he takes exception.

If Wagner goes to Boston. Lets go get Eddie, yea its a risk, but it was also a risk trading C. Lee and that seemed to work out for us didn't it?

I don't think Hermanson would mind being a setup man for Eddie or vice-versa. Eddie has the personality that fits this Sox team well. Ozzie would love him.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
Let it be known: this is my guy.

This is the ONE guy I want to see in a Sox uniform down the strech moreso than any other potential target.  If Eddie comes in and is able to maintain his current success, our bullpen is instantly one of the best in all of baseball.

I have to say I agree 100%. Guardado is the #1 guy I want. Torn rotator cuff or not, he's what we need.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
Yes, yes it is. But it could pay off big time.

yeah....but what happens when the partially torn becomes totally torn??

depending on who was given to Seattle....I would take him, unless it's too much then go for Wagner.....or another sleeper relief pitcher a team is looking to get rid of.

instead of surgery last year, Eddie chose to rehab his shoulder. So he shut it down and followed the rehab plan given to him by Dr James Andrews(I believe).

He is iffy, but it isnt as if we dont know whats up with him.

Doesn't he throw 3/4 and not exactly over-the-top? If so I can see how he could pitch with it. Ozzie Smith played for a decade on that torn cuff from throwing at a different angle. It's hard to compare a pitcher to a SS with that injury but perhaps the arm angle could allow him to finish the season.

Little piece here from the Southtown;

The Sox are concerned enough about it that, according to a source close to the organization, they had been talking to not only Philadelphia about Billy Wagner, but also to Seattle about Eddie Guardado.

The problem with trying to acquire Wagner is that the Phillies are showing a lot of uncertainty about making a move. (Philadelphia remains in the thick of the NL wild-card race.)

Also, much has been made of Wagner's $9 million price tag for the 2005 season being a sticking point. However, the source said Sox board chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has told Williams "money is not an object," especially with the Sox having a team that could go deep into the postseason.

The Sox have scouted Guardado, but still aren't sold on him being the answer because of injury concerns and the fact the Mariners' asking price is a bit high.

The one reliever who has dropped off the Sox's radar is Tampa Bay closer Danys Baez. According to the Sox source, the asking price for Baez by the Devil Rays is "ridiculous."

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:33 AM)
Little piece here from the Southtown;

lol i read a funny article sayin chuck lamarr has no idea how to trade. supposedly the drays are asking for two top prospects for baez. im talkin top prospects too for example anderson and bmac