Twins vs White Sox 9-23 Official Gamethread

WinningUgly85

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WinningUgly85 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
i'll be there. Contreras will be on the mound against Lohse.  Lets hope we will have a :gosox4: victory.

like the idea of starting this thread right now, the team HAS to forget about tonight right now and come out and light up whoever is throwing for the Twins...

I posted it earlier, but KC is playing with some heart, and I think they'll eek a win or two out in their series, but Sox have to win their own games, come on Count!!

All right Sox: You owe me a new remote control. Due to your lack of execution w/the bases loaded and 1 out and then again w/two on and 1 out. Who do I send the bill to?

Oh, yeah. Is it also possible for you dickheads to score for than 1 f***ing run? Tonight would be a good time with Cy Lohse on the mound.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :crying :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 22, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
It would be nice for the offense to show up before the end of the season.  Tonight would be a good place to start.  Its Kyle Lohse, and he is terrible.

He wasn't that terrible last week against us, but on the whole, yeah he sucks. JC has been absolutely an ace since the allstar break. I just hope that Boston loses to Balt this weekend. That would be absolutely perfect! We do have 4 coming up with the worst team in baseball next monday....Destroyit Tigers.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 05:53 AM)
I think its actually going to take the White Sox to be out of first place to WAKE UP! They clearly are playing nervous worrying about our 'major collapse' they have to start thinking about it one game at a time. So i think after Clevelands KC series and our Minny series we will be down a 1/2 a game. But then i think they will wake the f*** up!!!

If someone has a cat in a corner the hairs raise and the hissing starts! I want to see some emotion. Probably wont happen until they are really faced with playoff elimination, not division loss.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
If someone has a cat in a corner the hairs raise and the hissing starts!  I want to see some emotion.  Probably wont happen until they are really faced with playoff elimination, not division loss.

The hissing should start tonite. I want to see major heart from our offense tonite. I have been impressed with our defense lately. But thats it. I love BMac and Jose C. and Garland pitching wise- but thats it. Beurhle and Garcia are unreliable.

As far as tonite goes- I would consider using Borchard as the DH. Everett is just terrible. Borchard resembles a true DH kind of like Hafner. Give him a chance. It can't hurt. I would also like to see Anderson out in LF tonite. Why not? I mean is having Pods and Everett in our lineup helping us or hurting us more? I think hurting us.

I want to see this tonite:

Uribe SS (he has lead off before and he's swinging a hot stick)

Iguchi 2B

Rowand CF (he seems to hit well here)

Pauly (we need you big guy)

AJ (you need to get going also)

Dye RF (what happend last nite? Mr. Pop-up with the basesloaded)

Crede 3B (1 of our 2 hot sticks)

Borchard DH (why not?)

Anderson LF (better than Pods IMO)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
Again, I'll ask the question...what have we come to when the only savior we can imagine is Joe Borchard?

Seriously...I want him to play too.

I've been yelling for this since like mid august, I have no clue how he hasn't got a shot after the second half he had in AAA, now Oz won't give him a shot because if he plays well it makes him and KW look horrible

I know that Ozzie said he wants to keep the same lineup the rest of the way, but that's just being stubborn if he can't make one substitute, etc. Everett is hurting this team. However, I'm sure he'll be in the lineup, especially since he had a 2 homer game against Lohse earlier this year. And he'll be playing tomorrow, as he destroys Mays.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
Anderson or Borchard or Gload should be in instead of Everett. 

Either DH Dye and put Borchard/Anderson in RF so Dead doesnt kick the ball around out there.

or

Put Gload at first and have Konerko DH. 

Something needs to be done.

Agreed! No more Carl Everett in the 3 hole....In fact, no more Carl Everett in the starting lineup....Sit him on the bench and make him your first pinch hitter....Maybe that can motivate him to hit the ball instead of telling us stats lie and dinos didn't exist :banghead

QUOTE(Allsox @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
Agreed! No more Carl Everett in the 3 hole....In fact, no more Carl Everett in the starting lineup....Sit him on the bench and make him your first pinch hitter....Maybe that can motivate him to hit the ball instead of telling us stats lie and dinos didn't exist  :banghead

Actually he is right, stats dont lie and acording to some stats collected over the last month, Everett is very very very very bad at hitting right now.

Edited by southsideirish71