Guillen named AL Manager of the Year

greasywheels121

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This kid is a pretty good manager.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my favorite thing about Ozzie, which I hadn’t noticed until recently. After the final out in a win, his sons come over to him in the dugout, give him a hug, and Ozzie kisses them. My kind of man!

Edited by Mercy!

QUOTE(Takatsufan @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Congrats, Ozzie.  You've done fantastic in your first 2 years here.  I can't even imagine the future; its too good to be true

:gosox4:

It can only get worse from here, in all actuality.

If you are looking by terms of wins and losses, then yea, it can probably only get worse. But even I dont think anyone is going into next year expecting this team to repeat (I would love it if they did, but I just don't see it happening).

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
If you are looking by terms of wins and losses, then yea, it can probably only get worse.  But even I dont think anyone is going into next year expecting this team to repeat (I would love it if they did, but I just don't see it happening).

lol, we don't even know what the team is going to look like yet and we sure as hell haven't won the series yet so slow down there buddy.

Just about every team's hometown fans dislike the manager or tend to be extremely over critical of him. It stems from watching every damn game of the season and having the oportunity to 2nd or 1st guess every move a manager makes during a game. Did you know a lot of Braves fans are upset with Bobby Cox for only winning 1 world series over the 14 seasons they've been in the playoffs? It's true. The managers that we see as being great and would love to have them managing our team are heavily scrutinized and in a lot of cases disliked by that team's fans.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)
Just about every team's hometown fans dislike the manager or tend to be extremely over critical of him. It stems from watching every damn game of the season and having the oportunity to 2nd or 1st guess every move a manager makes during a game. Did you know a lot of Braves fans are upset with Bobby Cox for only winning 1 world series over the 14 seasons they've been in the playoffs? It's true. The managers that we see as being great and would love to have them managing our team are heavily scrutinized and in a lot of cases disliked by that team's fans.

Excellent f***in point, kalapse....and after reading other teams message boards, I completely agree.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)

Could not agree more. Hell, people easily forget that Tony LaRussa, who is regarded as one of the better managers of our time, was booed every time he stepped out of the dougout near the end of his tenure here. I even know a decent amount of Cardinal fans who cant stand him. It all comes with the territory of being a fan. You can second-guess just about every move a manager can make.

Ozzie has made moves this year that left me scratching my head. But in my opinion, the true measure of a good manager is if he can get the most out of the talent that has been given to him. And, for at least this year, I believe that Ozzie has done that and then some.

Congrats Ozzie! :headbang

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Oct 18, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Anyone see the votes? Suprised it was so close, especially with Macha.

The top three

Voted on by all 14 AL managers

1. Ozzie Guillen, White Sox (6 votes)

2. Ken Macha, A's (5)

3. Eric Wedge, Indians (2)

Wow.

Shouldnt have been that close, but what can I say, I support Ozzie :P

hey, just saying a point, remember this years all-star game?

cliff polite, and all the other good sox @ allstar break that Could have possibly made the team.

well with ozzie managing the all-star game next year, possibly we could see alot more sox representation =)?