AND THATS A WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES WINNER!!!!!&#33

NUKE_CLEVELAND

I know there's a whole separate thread for this, but OMG, Juan Uribe, OMFG.

For all the players who've been busting their asses; especially this year, but not only -- all the way back to my namesake, THANK YOU.

And for Frank and Rooney, whatever happens, you were a big part of this, a huge part of this -- all this -- for every Sox fan.

And for John Kass, for maintaining in the face of so many yuppie sentiments, the notion that a team needn't be cuddly to merit allegiance, my respect.

And for everyone who's waited patiently for this for years or decades, for all those in the stands late in these many seasons, for everyone who told Cubmania 03 to f*** off (which is everyone here), thanks for caring enough to produce reams of arguments about D'Angelo Jimenez AND Cliff Politte.

THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me ..... that would be a 46 year monkey off my back. From my grandfather's basement, watching Early Wynn ...... all the way through ..... transistor radios under the pillow for the west coast games ...... taking the dog out for a 3 hour walk and standing like a wooden Indian with my transitor glued to the local baseball diamond backstop for amplified sound ...... rain or not, local or wherever the Sox were playing ....... opening up a crate sent from Chicago with an original Comisky Park seat in it ....... travelling from Ottawa to see every Sox game, in Toronto for the first 10 years the Blue Jays were in existence ....... catching a Tom Paciorek foul fly during one of those visits ........ the wait makes the 2005 Championship all that much sweeter!!!!

Thanks to Jerry, Kenny, Ozzie, Harold, Greg and all the ballplayers.

Thanks to Soxtalk for providing a venue to finally share a life long passion.

Edited by ottawa_sox

We can thank the internet for the opportunity to bring so many Sox fans, from all over the world, together into one place. We've been through thick and thin together, as die-hards. Now, tonight, the team we've spent so much time and energy on, are WORLD MOTHERf***ING CHAMPIONS!!!! This is a special evening, and knowing that i can jump online with my Soxtalk brethren, my motherf***ing WHITE SOX DIEHARD BRETHREN, is truly an honor.

CONGRATULATIONS WHITE SOX! CONGRATULATIONS JERRY! CONGRATULATIONS KENNY!

Thank you from a very gracious White Sox fan who had the privilege of witnessing countless games in 2005..... even some on the road..... and only losing 1 of those games that I attended.

THANK YOU!

All of these players are now golden in my book. The Sox could go winless next year, and I will hope only the best for each one of these guys. They've brought all of us something that we can have forever, something that we've waited for our entire lives. My sig says it all.

I love you, Chicago White Sox. And I love all of you reading this, too.

So very happy :D

Greatest day of my life so far. Especially considering that they technically won two World Series games today.

I ate my full of United Center nachos and hot dogs tonight, but tomorrow I get to start on my delicious breakfeast:

fish_crow.jpg

I was excited about Iguchi and AJ, but I didn't think the team had the offense needed to win, nor did I think that our pitching staff and bullpen would be so good. Nor did I think that Geoff Blum alone constituted the sort of trade deadline that could lead us to the promised land.

I love being wrong. And I'll never be more wrong in my life.

Crede, I don't care if you hit .180 for the rest of your carrer and pop up in every future RISP scenario. I'll never call you a bum again. Same for you, Geoff Blum. I'll never take the l out of your name again. Same for the other 23 guys on there.

Edited by Antonio Osuna

Back in March, I somehow managed to talk my fiance into letting me spend $159 on the DirecTV Extra Innings package, even though we couldn't afford it at the time. Man did I pick the right year to spend that money.

I've spent countless hours sitting here on this page gabbing away this summer. It has all been worth it.

I'm both so happy and so sad at the same time. Why So sad you may ask? Because tomorrow, I don't get to come home at night and watch this team again. It's over. It ended right. But I hate to see it end. It has been an incredible joy to watch this team this season.

If I were to croak tomorrow, I would do so when OUR WHITE SOX were WORLD f***ING CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

We did it!!!! I never thought I would ever see this day in my life, and it still has not sunk in yet....

THE WHITE SOX ARE THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

Totally, although not my father a man I grew to respect and love as my own....My father in law...a former cook county sheriff police officer who loved the Sox as much as any die hard could! (only 50% more) lol

I prayed to this man knowing he was listening and by God I swear when I asked for a hit or a strikeout I got one or two! BELIEVE aNd it will always come true! GO SOX! GO :drink CHICAGO! GO JACK! :headbang :gosox3: :sweep: :sweep: :sweep: :notworthy :gosox2: