Sox @ Jays - 8/6

Heads22

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
WTF have you been watching all year, Cotts has given up so many go ahead runs when he was in, so has McCarthy over the course. Thorton and Jenks have been are most consistent guys... you need all the arms to win not just 2-3 from the pen.

In case you haven't noticed our major problem this year has been our starting rotation...

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Agreed. But before those games, he always said I want my pitcher to get the win. In a recent interview, he talked about taking people out on a high note to give them some confidence, and get the team a win. It's 100% obvious he didn't do that today.

I finally thought Ozzie was learning how to manage, and it all relapsed today, apparently.

You'll be able to follow baseball a lot better if you don't listen to a word the manager/GM/announcers say about how they're going to play the game.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Okay so maybe not most of us. I'm just frustrated

Honestly though heads, how many times has he let his starting pitchers in too long? It's happened more times than I can count this year.

Get used to it, cause we play 23 games in a row. He knows we need as much as we can get out of the starters because there aren't any breaks for the next 3 weeks.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
WTF have you been watching all year, Cotts has given up so many go ahead runs when he was in, so has McCarthy over the course. Thorton and Jenks have been are most consistent guys... you need all the arms to win not just 2-3 from the pen.

Riske? MacDougal has been great all year.

The first 3 months of the year Cotts was good, just like last year, now he has had a rough stretch of games.

And no I haven't watched any games this year, this is my first. Haven't been to any either.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:31 PM)
While I am one to not give up until teh final out, that was a one run game in the 9th. We are looking at a 3 run deficet here.

I'm gonna get the "Rally Orton" ready!

Someone (can't remember who) has a long list in his sig of closers that the Sox have beaten up on this year. The game isn't over until the 27th out (or more :P) is recorded.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
In case you haven't noticed our major problem this year has been our starting rotation...

Not the discussion we were having, even Stevie Wonder can see that our starters are not to good.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
You'll be able to follow baseball a lot better if you don't listen to a word the manager/GM/announcers say about how they're going to play the game.

Well, I guess Im just stupid to expect the manager to manage the game correctly, and not blow 20 games wide open.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Someone (can't remember who) has a long list in his sig of closers that the Sox have beaten up on this year. The game isn't over until the 27th out (or more :P) is recorded.

It's Pratt. And it's because we've racked up runs on nearly every "elite" closer we've faced.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Riske? MacDougal has been great all year.

The first 3 months of the year Cotts was good, just like last year, now he has had a rough stretch of games.

And no I haven't watched any games this year, this is my first. Haven't been to any either.

mcdougal has been on the DL for most part of the year ... Yogi! He's been great rehabbing?

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
Get used to it, cause we play 23 games in a row. He knows we need as much as we can get out of the starters because there aren't any breaks for the next 3 weeks.

I will agree with that, however in the past he's been notorious for not taking them out in the past.

There is a reason we acquired Mac, it was to help our starters out, so instead of going 7-8, on certain days where they had trouble they could go 6-7.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
I'm sorry, but just fishing quit it. This get's really fishing old, especially when it turns out to be wrong more often than we think.

I hope so, but with the bottom of the order coming up here, I'm not brimming with confidence

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
It's Pratt. And it's because we've racked up runs on nearly every "elite" closer we've faced.

Thats who I thought it was, but I didn't want to look like an idiot if I was wrong :P

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)

We're racked up runs, but we always come one or so short. The game against the Yanks comes to mind. I believe we loaded up the bases, and AJP had an incredible AB but just couldn't get it done.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
I'm sorry, but just fishing quit it. This get's really fishing old, especially when it turns out to be wrong more often than we think.

Don't get upset when they have a point. Ozzie treats his starting pitchers like five-year-olds. As if them getting the wins makes the team play better than if a reliever gets the win instead. I'm waiting for Ozzie to break out the snacks and juice to make the starters feel better, because it's obviously more important to coddle your starting pitchers instead of using your brain.

Grand Slam by Sweeny today, the future LF of the White Sox, hopefully, in a few years.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:36 PM)
Just like we did against Palepbon, Ryan, Dempster, ect... right?

:lol:

Who HASN'T scored runs against Dumpster? The guy is terrible.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Don't get upset when they have a point. Ozzie treats his starting pitchers like five-year-olds. As if them getting the wins makes the team play better than if a reliever gets the win instead. I'm waiting for Ozzie to break out the snacks and juice to make the starters feel better, because it's obviously more important to coddle your starting pitchers instead of using your brain.

Maybe we should hope Ozzie starts to acquire some relievers that are his "buddies". :P

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 03:35 PM)
Eddie Guardado, Huston Street, BJ Ryan, Fernando Rodney, Bob Wickman, Brad Lidge, Ryan Dempster, Jonathan Papelbon, Mariano Rivera, Chris Ray

That one was so amazing in person. I still can't believe Gload did that, and I could have sworn that the outfielder caught it, or was at least incredibly close (which replays on sportscenter later proved me wrong).

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:34 PM)
mcdougal has been on the DL for most part of the year ... Yogi! He's been great rehabbing?

Yup, and now MacDougal is healthy and has given up 1 run in 8 innings.

From opening day to July 31st Cotts had an ERA of 3.14. From opening day last year to 7/31/06 he had an ERA of 2.44. I, for one, won't give up on Neal for a bad stretch of games.

Since being acquired by the Sox Riske has an ERA of 3.18. He hasn't been incredible, but solid and reliable.

The only guy I consider shaky is BMac, and he isn't all the bad.

How does our bullpen suck again?