Whos on Myspace?

soxwon

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 09:48 AM)
www.myspace.com/cantcommunicatewithpeopleinreallife

Not really. I have a page up just to re-connect with people from high school and such. That is all I use it for and am amazed how many people are on there.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
I use mine for marketing my 'zine. There is no way I would have been able to do what I have without My Space.

Funny that somebody with over 10,000 posts on a message board would make fun of people who use My Space and an inability to communicate with people in the real world.

Are message boards the same as Myspace? From what i've seen, not really. Im on here to discuss sports and my favorite team and its day to day activities. Nor do I use it to meet up with or try to meet up with other people. Myspace seems to be a place for stalking of underage girls, and a contest to see who has the most lame friend requests. Im not sure much indepth discussion of the whitesox takes place on myspace.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)
Are message boards the same as Myspace? From what i've seen, not really. Im on here to discuss sports and my favorite team and its day to day activities. Nor do I use it to meet up with or try to meet up with other people. Myspace seems to be a place for stalking of underage girls, and a contest to see who has the most lame friend requests. Im not sure much indepth discussion of the whitesox takes place on myspace.

I'm 35 years old and have reconnected with high school friends and former co-workers through MySpace. Yeah, it's cheesy, but not everyone uses it to find underage girls. Plus, I love it for the band and comedy pages.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:44 AM)
I'm 35 years old and have reconnected with high school friends and former co-workers through MySpace. Yeah, it's cheesy, but not everyone uses it to find underage girls. Plus, I love it for the band and comedy pages.

Im surpirsed a 35 year old knows how to use the internet...... :P

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)

I've been able to be in contact with a lot of bands I could never have been in contact with otherwise, and had many discussions about music there. I'm able to connect with the people that share my love of a certain style of music. It's much like the PM system in most boards, if you use it that way.

Oh, and before My Space, there was no shortage of stories of kids being preyed upon through message boards or AOL messenger, or Yahoo Messenger or chat rooms.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
I have a myspace with about 400 comments and like 150 of my friends on it, but it's like abandoned now due to the rise of facebook, which is far more active and is what I check more often now. Haha how pathetic I am indeed.

me too, I like facebook a lot better myself.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 07:20 PM)
i have one just to check out rock bands....their myspace pages are updated a lot more than their actual sites

I've interviewed numerous bands, and spoken with a ton more that all say it is pointless to even have an "official" site nowdays. You have to pay for a normal site, but the only one anybody ever checks out are the My Space sites. Heck, some bands have a normal site with nothing but the My Space link on it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
I've interviewed numerous bands, and spoken with a ton more that all say it is pointless to even have an "official" site nowdays. You have to pay for a normal site, but the only one anybody ever checks out are the My Space sites. Heck, some bands have a normal site with nothing but the My Space link on it.

I was browsing a few bands that broke up....and didn't know they got back together until i hit up their myspace.

They never updated their sites to show they rejoined...just the myspace.