3/12/06 Sox Vs Padres

Kalapse

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aardsma isn't a good pitcher. I can't believe we put so much stock into a month full of games pitched against AAA call-ups. We have enough power pitchers coming out of the bullpen. We needed some guys who can get batters out and actually have decent control. Our bullpen is full of guys with iffy control this season.

Terrero pops out to short. Fields walks. 8th inning, 6-2 Padres.

Mack makes first on an error by Blum. 1st & 3rd, 1 out.

Fields scores on a sac fly. Mack tries to take 2 bases, and is thrown out at 3rd. 6-3 Padres.

I think Aardsma is out but Farmer isn't nice enough to tell me who's in to pitch. Instead, he's telling me about a pulled pork sandwich.

Farmer finally said who's pitching: Perez. I think it's Oneli Perez. He walked Branyan to lead off the inning. Then a line drive to terrero, 1 out.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Terrero pops out to short. Fields walks. 8th inning, 6-2 Padres.

Mack makes first on an error by Blum. 1st & 3rd, 1 out.

Fields scores on a sac fly. Mack tries to take 2 bases, and is thrown out at 3rd. 6-3 Padres.

I think Aardsma is out but Farmer isn't nice enough to tell me who's in to pitch. Instead, he's telling me about a pulled pork sandwich.

yummmm. pulled pork sandwich.

God damnit, I skip lunch today, and Farmer's talking about piles of ribs and like 6 pulled pork sandwiches.

Valido I believe with a leadoff single. Owens comin' up.

Owens with a first pitch single.

Lopez works a full count and then pops out to short left.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 04:51 PM)
God damnit, I skip lunch today, and Farmer's talking about piles of ribs and like 6 pulled pork sandwiches.

Valido I believe with a leadoff single. Owens comin' up.

Owens with a first pitch single.

Lopez works a full count and then pops out to short left.

yummmmm. I could really go for some good ribs right now.

And I'm going to make a bold prediction. Oneli Perez will soon be GONE. haha. that poor guy is awful.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 05:56 PM)
s***. Terrero just hit a blast.

Was that you and me talking about Terrero yesterday? :lol:

I just got home. Looks like Aardsma got rocked. He is no longer a lock for me anymore. Oneli Perez has been very disappointing this spring as well.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 05:58 PM)
Was that you and me talking about Terrero yesterday? :lol:

I just got home. Looks like Aardsma got rocked. He is no longer a lock for me anymore. Oneli Perez has been very disappointing this spring as well.

All three of the guys you mentioned shouldn't be near the 25-man. Terrero is close, but he should be no more than a backup.

thats the ball game.

To be honest, so far this has been a piss-poor spring. If I was Ozzie I would freaking destroy everyone at camp. I would chew their ears out in the locker room, and for every error, strike out looking, and run given up I would have them do some sort of running drill.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 12, 2007 -> 06:01 PM)
All three of the guys you mentioned shouldn't be near the 25-man. Terrero is close, but he should be no more than a backup.

Perez still needs another two years in the minors. Aardsma is still intriguing because he has had past success in the bigs.

Terrero might make it as a backup, IMO.

sounds like Oneli should have made it out of the inning. Given, he should be able to pitch around the error, but it's hard to get 4 outs in an inning, especially with the air as thin as it is in Arizona.

Sounds a bit like Thome has his strength back. Hopefully he sits for every other lefty and once a week during a string of righties.