Toby Hall injured in the 9th Inning today...

JDsDirtySox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)
KW goes out and makes one of the best signings of his tenure as White Sox GM and it takes Ozzie less than 3 weeks to f*** it up. Super.

Ozzie didn't do anything wrong.. Toby has played 1b before plus he wanted to get Toby some extra at bats

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
KW goes out and makes one of the best signings of his tenure as White Sox GM and it takes Ozzie less than 3 weeks to f*** it up. Super.

Wait, wait, what happened?

Edit: Nevermind. lol. Calm down Kalapse. You can't blame Ozzie for this.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
Wait, wait, what happened?

The evil Ozzie played Toby at first base to get him extra at bats, and in the middle of the play, he (being Ozzie) went out and tripped Toby and he injured his shoulder in the process. Typical Ozzie. After the game Toby said he never wanted to play first base in the first place and shouldn't have been out there (I think thats what he said anyway)

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
The evil Ozzie played Toby at first base to get him extra at bats, and in the middle of the play, he (being Ozzie) went out and tripped Toby and he injured his shoulder in the process. Typical Ozzie. After the game Toby said he never wanted to play first base in the first place and shouldn't have been out there (I think thats what he said anyway)

LOL. Yeah, I read some of the other posts just after asking what happened. Kind of ridiculous to get on Ozzie in this case. I just hope Toby is alright.

honestly you gotta be kiddin me for blaming ozzie on freak injuries. the only injuries you can have justification in placing the blame on the manager for are pitching injuries, otherwise, really he had no control over that. what do want him to do sit the whole starting lineup for the next week so they start the season cold? things will happen and there is nothing you can do about. hopefully for toby hall's sake his injury is not to serious.

Sandy Alomar Jr. is available. :lol:

Per Rotoworld.

Toby Hall, making a rare appearance at first base, injured his shoulder diving for a ball in the ninth inning Sunday and had to be taken for X-rays.

The White Sox have no plans to say more about his condition until Monday. If it's a serious injury, the White Sox would probably look to bring in a veteran to back up A.J. Pierzynski. The Mets would surely have no problem parting with Sandy Alomar Jr.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 03:50 AM)
Why aren't you saying that Ozzie's right or wrong? You want to say he's wrong.

I think it was stupid to play an integral member of the team at a position he's not familiar with. Hell, I got nervous when he had a very awkward stretch in the 6th inning on the first play he was over at 1B. However, it's pointless in getting into this argument with certain people here, because they'll defend Ozzie no matter what.

Bad vibe beginning the season.

His most important asset was as someone who could handle himself offensively, especially against LHP. Any of the scrubs down in the minors do that? Probably not.

Although I'd rather have Wiki Gonzalez over Alomar.

And if anyone mentions Widger...........I'll rape you on the spot.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 10:17 PM)

Kalapse....14,730 posts

Ozzie Guillen.....1 World Series Ring

Fans managing the white sox from a message board.... Priceless.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
I think it was stupid to play an integral member of the team at a position he's not familiar with. Hell, I got nervous when he had a very awkward stretch in the 6th inning on the first play he was over at 1B. However, it's pointless in getting into this argument with certain people here, because they'll defend Ozzie no matter what.

Hence why I'm going to state my piece and will not be discussing this any further, it's just not worth it. There was NO reason for a key part of this team to be playing an unfamiliar position in the 8th inning of a late March ballgame. Hall will not be playing any 1B this season, why the hell would he be out there now? Wiki was behind the plate at the time, why was Hall moved from catcher to 1B late? It was a foolish move and it looks like it could cost the team.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 25, 2007 -> 11:35 PM)
Kalapse....14,730 posts

Ozzie Guillen.....1 World Series Ring

Fans managing the white sox from a message board.... Priceless.

Then what the hell is the point of even having a message board if you're not going to play arm chair manager/GM? Just wondering what you think the point of this places existence is?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 26, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
Hence why I'm going to state my piece and will not be discussing this any further, it's just not worth it. There was NO reason for a key part of this team to be playing an unfamiliar position in the 8th inning of a late March ballgame. Hall will not be playing any 1B this season, why the hell would he be out there now? Wiki was behind the plate at the time, why was Hall moved from catcher to 1B late? It was a foolish move and it looks like it could cost the team.

Then what the hell is the point of even having a message board if you're not going to play arm chair manager/GM? Just wondering what you think the point of this places existence is?

More news and discussion less whining. :)