Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 28, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Where did you get the demo?

L4D 2 demo was at GameStop. I should note that I have the game pre ordered so I don't know if thats a pre req for getting the demo.

Its only 2 lvl campaign like the Crash Course DLC for the original L4D. There are alot of new guns and melee weaps, new infected characters too. The Demo doesnt' allow for online vs, so I cant comment on infected characters. There are new infecteds too. Its pretty freaking cool!! Cant wait B)

Edited by knightd1

QUOTE (knightd1 @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
L4D 2 demo was at GameStop. I should note that I have the game pre ordered so I don't know if thats a pre req for getting the demo.

Its only 2 lvl campaign like the Crash Course DLC for the original L4D. There are alot of new guns and melee weaps, new infected characters too. The Demo doesnt' allow for online vs, so I cant comment on infected characters. There are new infecteds too. Its pretty freaking cool!! Cant wait B)

Yep, MW2 and L42 should keep me occupied for quite a while..

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
L4D2 got banned down here, thank god for Torrents is all I'll say to that.

Our classification and having to pay more for games etc. is one thing I really hate about living down under.

:huh

Maybe a dumb quention but why banned specifically? Strickly too violent? I not familiar with censorship laws in the land down under. (lol makes me think of that song....) Are other game such as GTAs' banned?

Edited by knightd1

QUOTE (knightd1 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 08:12 AM)
:huh

Maybe a dumb quention but why banned specifically? Strickly too violent? I not familiar with censorship laws in the land down under. (lol makes me think of that song....) Are other game such as GTAs' banned?

We don't have a 18+ classification for video games;

Left 4 Dead 2 was refused classification in Australia by the Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC). It failed to gain a MA15+ rating, the highest possible rating for video games, thus preventing the sale of the game within the country.[7] In its report, the OFLC cited the reason for refusing classification as "The game contains violence that is high in impact and is therefore unsuitable for persons aged under 18 to play."[

But I believe the problems were to do with the different weapons e.g chainsaws, and being able to do damage after you killed someone, or something like that.

It's about the 4th - 5th game banned down here over the past 2-3 years.

Jack Thompson would have a field day if he lived in Oz.

Dear Gamestop,

In this economic downturn, where new graduates are exiting colleges without jobs, please consider this free advice: to maintain customer satisfaction, hire said college graduates (preferably ones with business degrees) and stop forcing me to deal with 18 year old kids who don't understand the simple "deals" you put out every week.

Thanks,

Jenks

Seriously, I spent 35 minutes last night at a store utilizing their "bring in 2 titles and get X new game for $20 or the new Mario for $10" deal. I brought in 4 games to reserve Mario and L4D2. They (the 2 employees working) simply could not figure it out. After 15 minutes, they figured out how to give me the deal. Then they forgot that I had already put $5 bucks down to reserve L4D2 (mass confusion. how does it work if he put $5 dollars towards a game that now costs $20.00??). Then they forgot to give me the extra 10% for being an Edge member. And then the entire time they're doing this, they're completely ignoring the 5 other people in line behind me.

In the end I traded in Mario Tennis Wii, Uncharted 1, Call of Duty WaW and Borderlands and got the new Mario for $7 and L4D2 for $7. Not too shabby.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
Dear Gamestop,

In this economic downturn, where new graduates are exiting colleges without jobs, please consider this free advice: to maintain customer satisfaction, hire said college graduates (preferably ones with business degrees) and stop forcing me to deal with 18 year old kids who don't understand the simple "deals" you put out every week.

Thanks,

Jenks

Seriously, I spent 35 minutes last night at a store utilizing their "bring in 2 titles and get X new game for $20 or the new Mario for $10" deal. I brought in 4 games to reserve Mario and L4D2. They (the 2 employees working) simply could not figure it out. After 15 minutes, they figured out how to give me the deal. Then they forgot that I had already put $5 bucks down to reserve L4D2 (mass confusion. how does it work if he put $5 dollars towards a game that now costs $20.00??). Then they forgot to give me the extra 10% for being an Edge member. And then the entire time they're doing this, they're completely ignoring the 5 other people in line behind me.

In the end I traded in Mario Tennis Wii, Uncharted 1, Call of Duty WaW and Borderlands and got the new Mario for $7 and L4D2 for $7. Not too shabby.

Oh my god I know exactly what you are talking about. I was in there on Saturday and I asked the kid which games qualified for the "2 games and Super Mario Bros Wii is 9.99!" deal(there is also one that is 2 games and it is 20 bucks). The guy moped around behind the counter for 10 minutes looking for a stupid flyer and the next 5 minutes moping around trying to find the website deal.

he never found it. He just kind of shrugged his shoulders and I left.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
6 days!!!!!

Sucks for you guys

I GOT MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!!!

I went on craigslist and someone was selling 5 copies so I quickly texted the number they had on there, met them in a CVS parking lot, gave em $45 cash, and left with my copy of the game!!!

The game is badass, just amazing..

QUOTE (knightd1 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)
Borderlands.... :headbang

like Fallout 3 with some Multiplayer. Post Nuke Shooter style. If u like that sort of thing....

I thought that game sucked. The plot was awful, the ending was awful, there were TOO many guns (getting a great gun was awesome, but you got them all the time, so there was never much need to keep anything), money meant next to nothing, and the loot mechanics horrible. I dunno, 3 of my friends and I played through it, beat the game, and then all sold it back.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 04:04 AM)
Sucks for you guys

I went on craigslist and someone was selling 5 copies so I quickly texted the number they had on there, met them in a CVS parking lot, gave em $45 cash, and left with my copy of the game!!!

Holy s*** thats awesome

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 04:04 AM)
Sucks for you guys

I don't care that you got it early; I'm just jealous of the price point.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Holy s*** thats awesome

Its such a great game, I haven't played multiplayer yet though because I don't wanna run the risk of it.. Either way, this is an awesome, awesome game..

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:04 PM)
I think once you play Modern Warfare 2 that will quickly change..

Meh a shooter is a shooter, even really good ones. Honestly I don't like playing online all that much, I hate that there are so many annoying loser 16 year old kids that I have to play with.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 06:12 PM)
Meh a shooter is a shooter, even really good ones. Honestly I don't like playing online all that much, I hate that there are so many annoying loser 16 year old kids that I have to play with.

My biggest problem is that I don't have 8 hours a day to play online an hone my skills so it's real hard for me to hold my own online with these obsessive gamers so I lose interest quick.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)
My biggest problem is that I don't have 8 hours a day to play online an hone my skills so it's real hard for me to hold my own online with these obsessive gamers so I lose interest quick.

That's exactly what happens to me. If I play a couple of hours a day I can get pretty respectable at it but I have a f***ing job, I can't put up with these losers who take the game seriously and get pissed off when I get killed and I'm not as good at it as they are.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)

Campaign only took me 4 1/2 hours

You also get a chance to get a good feel for all the guns and play style from the campaign, so there really is nothing foreign when you step into multiplayer..

The way you sounded, it would seem you have pre ordered MW2 and expect to have it the day it comes out if not the night before.. Thats just a little odd to me if you don't really play much multiplayer and are just so so on shooter games..

Either way, the campaign is like playing a movie and the multiplayer is extremely fun.. You should give a shot at puttin a little time into it if you can, its great stuff.. Im sure you will think differently of this game than other shooters you have played..

If I had to put it as short and sweet as possible, it makes Call of Duty 4 look like garbage.. and that was a good ass game..

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 07:16 PM)

Find a clan that knows how to highlight what you're good at and you won't need to put 8 hours a day into the game. Take our Killzone clan for example. We had two players that could compete with anyone. The rest were role players and understood that they needed to let the killers do their thing while they sat back and funneled players, did the objectives, etc. Meanwhile, the killers understood that they needed to get in the thick of it and take the grunt off everyone else.

You might not be the 'star' this way, but when you play with people who are willing to play together, it reflects in your K/D ratio. We managed to go undefeated playing Warzone with lesser 'talent' and would beat up on the K/D stars and one vs. one players no matter which guys we threw in there. Even won a few games down a player or two. (We beat the #1 clan down a player, and the #11 clan down two players in a five player match.)

Teamwork goes a long way, and if you're not a cock about it when you beat somebody, the 16 year old's won't call you a loser.

The MW2 multiplayer is supposed to be seriously flawed. No dedicated servers, everything is P2P (huge host advantage), hosts can drop/rage-quit causing the game to be delayed while it is shifted to another player, no modding, no server variables, no custom maps, no kicking cheaters/hackers, no console, only 18 players max...