Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

For those who own a PS3..

Have you ever had problems with it? I know 3-4 of my friends who have 360 and already have had to send them back to Microsoft to get new ones because it always freezes

I was gonna get a 360, but im thinking I might just get a PS3 instead if its the better system.. I haven't played or heard anything about it so im not that knowledgeable on the PS3..

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I picked up a game I forgot i even had and started playing it again, Turok:Evolution, and I forgot how much fun that game was. The zoom function on the power bow is awesome, and the different methods of death(grenades, poison arrows, minigun, etc) definitely make the game interesting.

Sometimes I find the most interesting games are the ones I already have.

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 27, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)

Have you ever had problems with it? I know 3-4 of my friends who have 360 and already have had to send them back to Microsoft to get new ones because it always freezes

I was gonna get a 360, but im thinking I might just get a PS3 instead if its the better system.. I haven't played or heard anything about it so im not that knowledgeable on the PS3..

I've had my PS3 since December...haven't had any problems, nor have I heard of any problems. You can probably go online somewhere and find a few people that have had problems.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ May 28, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
I've had my PS3 since December...haven't had any problems, nor have I heard of any problems. You can probably go online somewhere and find a few people that have had problems.

I think you will find that is the case with just about any mass produced electronic device.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 28, 2007 -> 08:37 AM)
I picked up a game I forgot i even had and started playing it again, Turok:Evolution, and I forgot how much fun that game was. The zoom function on the power bow is awesome, and the different methods of death(grenades, poison arrows, minigun, etc) definitely make the game interesting.

Sometimes I find the most interesting games are the ones I already have.

if your talking about the N64 one i'm thinking of, then you are absolutely right. Great game.

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 28, 2007 -> 03:37 AM)

360 has had something like a 60% failure rate with their systems, which is just insane. You'd think after the launch the problems would have gotten lighter, but in fact they've gotten worse. Stories of people going through 8 or 9 360s are pretty common. PS3 problems are pretty much nonexistant, except with the usual stuff to be expected of new technology.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 28, 2007 -> 06:11 PM)
360 has had something like a 60% failure rate with their systems, which is just insane. You'd think after the launch the problems would have gotten lighter, but in fact they've gotten worse. Stories of people going through 8 or 9 360s are pretty common. PS3 problems are pretty much nonexistant, except with the usual stuff to be expected of new technology.

I think that was the main reason for all the delays in the release of the PS3. They didnt want to rush it out with a bunch of bugs, and xbox came out too quickley.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 27, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Rented a game for the 1st time in like 6 months. RB6 Vegas is awesome.

I am still waiting for the ps3 version... Comes out June 12. I can hardly wait. And I can't wait for GRAW either, and that doesn't come out until about the time Madden does. But at least Vegas and NCAA will get me through the wait.

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 27, 2007 -> 10:37 PM)

No complaints to speak of.

I already have a PS3, but I am really thinking about getting a 360 for when Halo 3 comes out, and I'd get Gears of War to go with it.

Now, I love my ps3, but I love Halo also. I just don't want to spend around 500 bucks for another system for which I will only play 2, maybe 3 games for. I could probably find a decent deal on ebay, but I don't trust a lot of the sellers... why would you sell a brand new system with extra for just 260? Fishy.

Check out this badboy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIDA-GUERRA-Xbox-360-V...1QQcmdZViewItem

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 21, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
This fall is gonna be the greatest in gaming history. Halo 3 (beta is amazing already), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Grand Theft Auto 4. Can't wait, my 360 is gonna overheat!

I can't wait for GTA4 for 360. I'm so excited.

Whoa! I just heard on the radio that gamestop will be holding special sales for up to 50% off of new stuff this summer... gotta check that out.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/gamedays/

Meh, they don't really have a lot of good products to choose from. But an extra 20 dollars for sold games and such sounds intriguing, but I could still probably get more from gamecrazy....

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 28, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
if your talking about the N64 one i'm thinking of, then you are absolutely right. Great game.

Nope, Im talking about the gamecube version.

I recently started playing Virtua Tennis 3 on my laptop.

If you remember, this was the infamous game that came on Dreamcast, and became sort of a cult hit I guess. Best tennis game ever to come out.

And now they released an updated version of PC and PS3, with all of the cool minigames, and updated players such as Federer, Nadal, Blake and Sharapova. Good times a comin with this game.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:43 PM)
I recently started playing Virtua Tennis 3 on my laptop.

If you remember, this was the infamous game that came on Dreamcast, and became sort of a cult hit I guess. Best tennis game ever to come out.

And now they released an updated version of PC and PS3, with all of the cool minigames, and updated players such as Federer, Nadal, Blake and Sharapova. Good times a comin with this game.

Im sorry but Mario Tennis for the N64 is the best Tennis game that has ever come out

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 31, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
Im sorry but Mario Tennis for the N64 is the best Tennis game that has ever come out

Haha that's hilarious that you brought that up. I got my N64 stuff out last week, and we've been playing that non-stop lately.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
Haha that's hilarious that you brought that up. I got my N64 stuff out last week, and we've been playing that non-stop lately.

That and Mario Golf, man those games where the s***..

I only needed a couple games to be set with my N64.. Goldeneye, both Zeldas, and Marion Golf and Tennis

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 03:15 AM)

Princess Peach vs. Maria Sharapova.

Sorry, you lose. :P

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 31, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
That and Mario Golf, man those games where the s***..

I only needed a couple games to be set with my N64.. Goldeneye, both Zeldas, and Marion Golf and Tennis

Mario golf for the gamecube is awesome too. It came out under the radar and there isnt a whole lot to the game in terms of tours and courses, but it is really fun. there are some really interesting multiplayer options that me and my wife love to play