knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Just got back from a stay in the ER.The ER that I just so happen to work in, if I didnt get the special treatment my 4 hour stay would have been atleast 8.By the way,GERD and Acid reflux can feel like a heart attack.

And sometimes an annoying case of acid indigestion can be a fatal heart attack :cheers

I went for my 1st swim in probably 8 years this morning.

I did 5 50m laps, and I was absolutely buggered. Stopped after doing 2.

Bit of a wake-up call really. Although forgetting to stretch beforehand, and then having my arms feel extremely heavy during my stroke probably has something to do with it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)

Bit of a wake-up call really. Although forgetting to stretch beforehand, and then having my arms feel extremely heavy during my stroke probably has something to do with it.

:blink:

I also do not understand how you did 5 50m laps, but stopped after doing 2.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 04:50 PM)
:blink:

I also do not understand how you did 5 50m laps, but stopped after doing 2.

Aussie Slang 101 - Buggered = Exhausted / Tired.

And I took a break after 2 (terrible I know). I didn't stop and get out of the pool.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:10 AM)
Aussie Slang 101 - Buggered = Exhausted / Tired.

And I took a break after 2 (terrible I know). I didn't stop and get out of the pool.

I know, it's just funny when you use Aussie slang. You should start calling me out when I use American slang, so that way its not just a one-sided relationship where I make fun of you all the time.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)

If it makes you feel any better, I used to swim the mile in college but had to "break" the 1000 yards I swam on Monday into 100s. Long layoffs just kill you in swimming.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
I know, it's just funny when you use Aussie slang. You should start calling me out when I use American slang, so that way its not just a one-sided relationship where I make fun of you all the time.

What was funny is I thought buggered had a more sexual meaning. :ph34r:

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 03:55 AM)

Well you gotta give me some material here.

As for this morning, I did 8 laps, 4 laps without stopping, so I'm making some progress.

Except that I'm swimming in the slow lane (50M > 90 secs, although I probably should be in the medium now that I'm picking up the pace and my stroke a bit), and there's this really old guy doing a doggie paddle stroke or something, and I was stuck behind him for a 1/4 lap and it ruined my rhythm up completely so I had to stop after my 4th lap. That really grinds my gears.

Go in the multi purpose lane if you're going to do that.

While on a road trip, an FlaSoxxJim and Mrs. Sox stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch. After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip. When leaving, the lovely woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until they had been driving about forty minutes. By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turn around, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, FlaSoxxJim became the classic grouchy old man. He fussed and complained, and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive. The more he chided her, the more agitated he became.

He just wouldn't let up one minute. To her relief, they finally arrived at ]the restaurant.

As the woman got out of the car, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her,'While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card.'

I am about to fire my salesguy, whenever he gets his butt back in the store. Not an email issue, but one of the things he is supposed to do is fill out his activities in ACT, so I know what he is doing, what he has planned and what he has done. He has been told 4 times already in the first 2 months that he needs to do this daily, morining, afternoon or both. He hasn't set foot in the store in 4 days, and my only contact has been 2 emails about an estimate. If I don't see what he has been doing on the computer, that tells me he is f***ing off. So I go to his computer (mine, actually), and load the program, and nothing in there all week. I look back and each time I talked to him it was filled out for the next 2 or 3 days. I swear it is like dealing with my teenager! My kids don't even get told the same thing 3 times before punishment/action is taken. He has been told 3 times, I am not telling a 5th. Geeze, I pay him well, nice base plus commission from dollar 1. And I know from a friend of his that he needs the money as he filed for bankruptcy protection, so you would think he would be hungry for work. I guess not. Anyone want to sell printing in the western suburbs? TEX, send me some of your Mexicans!!!!! :lolhitting