Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you know which processes your computer should be running. It seems like my computer lags like crazy and there are just too many processes running at one time, how do you decide what should and should not be running?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
How do you know which processes your computer should be running. It seems like my computer lags like crazy and there are just too many processes running at one time, how do you decide what should and should not be running?

If you're on XP, I go through this checklist every few months. I get mine down to 22-23 processes. I think it was at something like 38 when I started a couple years ago.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:21 PM)

http://www.x-raypc.com/

The company that created this is facetime communications. They have done a lot of work in malware research and greynets. They are a pretty reputable company.

This program is free, takes a snapshot of the processes creates an md5 hash of them and compares it against a list of malware. Its a quick way of seeing if any of your processes are known malware.

Edited by southsideirish71

life is a motherf***ing b**** and wene peoeple tell you yjthings thst you dont want to hear, it fducking sucks. i fdont dfeel to goodo right now because some fchick thats a pscholigy major isa a dumbf***. thats isal ll. kocovo je srbija

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
life is a motherf***ing b**** and wene peoeple tell you yjthings thst you dont want to hear, it fducking sucks. i fdont dfeel to goodo right now because some fchick thats a pscholigy major isa a dumbf***. thats isal ll. kocovo je srbija

I think your learning from Heads too much Slav. :P

Its the annual tradition here to block all access people trying to get cubs tickets. I am a bit more vicious in my block as I allow them to waste their time in the virtual waiting room, but block them on ticket purchase. I love this holiday. I have already had 4 calls about intermittent internet blocks but they wouldnt tell me what site it was. Everything else works great, except for the purchasing off the virtual window.

If you work in IT remember to block access to tickets.com and specifically

http://frontline.purchasenow*.tickets.com

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Its the annual tradition here to block all access people trying to get cubs tickets. I am a bit more vicious in my block as I allow them to waste their time in the virtual waiting room, but block them on ticket purchase. I love this holiday. I have already had 4 calls about intermittent internet blocks but they wouldnt tell me what site it was. Everything else works great, except for the purchasing off the virtual window.

If you work in IT remember to block access to tickets.com and specifically

http://frontline.purchasenow*.tickets.com

I love when you make this post every year. Hilarious.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
Once you get to high school, that s*** doesn't happen anymore.

And another one today. The University had a huge backlash cause of last week, cause they opened back up the campus WAY too early. You saw what happened to me, the ice was absolutely awful, by far the worst I've ever seen. It hasn't been that bad this time but the University would have got absolutely torn apart by some people if they kept campus open after last week.

alrite look, I'm fguckinfg drunk n sjhit,, i've been partyinfg 4 l\ike 2 or 3 dayz now. . i wanna fuuckinfg s\ay i l\uv u al\l\, l\iuke a fatt lkid l\uves cake n s*** dude.. I anm f***ig hammered 12 beers n 4 or 555 shots later, im tjhe f***ing man y am i up at 4 300ish on tjhe computer cuz i l\efgt it on.. i s\jhoul\d b fguckinfg passed out im probabl\y buzzed then or sumthin. i l\uvuuuuvvv ST.co, m n tjhees stupid virus\es\ lllllluuuuuuv u!!!!!!!!!!!!# WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOKTFGGGGGGGGGGTUJTFGFGGGGGGGXXXXXXXXXUMMMMMMMM

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 02:17 AM)
alrite look, I'm fguckinfg drunk n sjhit,, i've been partyinfg 4 l\ike 2 or 3 dayz now. . i wanna fuuckinfg s\ay i l\uv u al\l\, l\iuke a fatt lkid l\uves cake n s*** dude.. I anm f***ig hammered 12 beers n 4 or 555 shots later, im tjhe f***ing man y am i up at 4 300ish on tjhe computer cuz i l\efgt it on.. i s\jhoul\d b fguckinfg passed out im probabl\y buzzed then or sumthin. i l\uvuuuuvvv ST.co, m n tjhees stupid virus\es\ lllllluuuuuuv u!!!!!!!!!!!!# WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOKTFGGGGGGGGGGTUJTFGFGGGGGGGXXXXXXXXXUMMMMMMMM

Haha, Friday night I was in that sort of state....woke up Saturday and had no idea what I did the night before. The only remnensce was me hitting up the porcelain god a few times.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 04:17 AM)

i wanna be this drunk at some point. If i'm drunk on the computer, i just make alot of typos, but fix them all.

QUOTE(SnB @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
i wanna be this drunk at some point. If i'm drunk on the computer, i just make alot of typos, but fix them all.

Yeah, I don't understand how baldy people type when they're drunk. It almost seems like they're exaggerating on purpose. I can be black-out drunk, and still write coherently. This I know for a fact.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
Yeah, I don't understand how baldy people type when they're drunk. It almost seems like they're exaggerating on purpose. I can be black-out drunk, and still write coherently. This I know for a fact.

You're just not badass. Sorry.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)

I type better, concentrate more for some reason.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 05:24 PM)

If I was so drunk as to type that poorly, I don't think I'd be able to sit at a computer. I'd probably have my head in a toilet.