Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 11:51 PM)
Viral gastroenteritis sucks. The entire family went through it, I thought I was in the clear. However my entire day has been set praying to the porcelain god and his trusty friend Senior Garbage can. I haven't puked like this since my travels for work around the world. God this sucks.

That stuff is going around, all around the country. And when you get it, it's really bad, from what everyone is saying. I really hope I don't get it... but there's been 4 people in my department that has gotten it now, I think.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:48 AM)
Well aCE YOU GOT YOUR WISH I'M drunk right now, so there's your comuffins.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
You just said comuffins

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
I did indeed.

Apparently it's Co muffins though, now that I look at it.

Cool word though I figure.

I'll ask the question that no one will ask:

What the hell is a "comuffin"/"co muffin"?

Kudos I believe (unless someone else wants to help me out here).

I mean, how often do you get to say comuffins in your daily lives? It's just something cool to say when you are drunk.

We had a kid in my group nicknamed 'corn muffin', because every time we went to Denny while drunk, he ordered a corn muffin. Although, when we were drunk, it probably sounded like 'comuffin'. Or 'commffnn', depending on how drunk we were.

Wow, Iowa State. Way to totally f*** up the one good thing you had going for you. Paying for VEISHEA? A limit at your s***ty concerts?

Another riot in Ames has to be a legitimate concern now. The last one started off campus, and the celebration is going to totally be centered off campus again for students.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 11:23 AM)
ok, that's twice I've seen this.

It's "You're Welcome" right?

You are welcome

not Your Welcome.

Soxy?

You are correct

I was also thinking of saying your correct just to see if you'd get even more confused

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 12:23 PM)
ok, that's twice I've seen this.

It's "You're Welcome" right?

You are welcome

not Your Welcome.

Soxy?

I've been pushing for bad grammar banning for years.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
I've been pushing for bad grammar banning for years.

As opposed to the rest of the board who have just been pushing bad grammar here for years.

I guess that's there prerogative and your not going to be able to change it.

:)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 03:54 PM)
As opposed to the rest of the board who have just been pushing bad grammar here for years.

I guess that's there prerogative and your not going to be able to change it.

:)

Recently been hanging out at some places in the near west of the loop area.It has really got to be a great part of town to hang out at.Who would have thought 15 years ago?

Edited by shipps

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
Any tips on cleaning a laptop screen? Like anything that works really well?

Not sure what kind of screen you've got, but I take a very soft cloth (normally a clean t-shirt), wet it with warm water (not too much, obviously you don't want to be dripping water onto your keyboard), and then gently clean it. Don't push too hard but if you are persistent you can get everything off. Refresh the water so that it's always warm water in contact with the screen. I get fairly bad buildup so I clean it like this every few months and it works. I avoid (perhaps unnecessarily) using chemicals to clean it, though I'm sure there are some commercially available.

QUOTE(maggliopipe @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
Not sure what kind of screen you've got, but I take a very soft cloth (normally a clean t-shirt), wet it with warm water (not too much, obviously you don't want to be dripping water onto your keyboard), and then gently clean it. Don't push too hard but if you are persistent you can get everything off. Refresh the water so that it's always warm water in contact with the screen. I get fairly bad buildup so I clean it like this every few months and it works. I avoid (perhaps unnecessarily) using chemicals to clean it, though I'm sure there are some commercially available.

Perfect.

I use a microfiber cloth I picked up at Jewel that works as well for less than 5 dollars for 3 microfiber sheets. The chemicals are a good way to ruin your laptop. Especially on the glossy screens.

I just met Bernie Marcus. :o :o :o

He is touring the institute I work at and the first stop of the morning was my facility. Really a very nice guy, really down-to-earth. You'd bever guess he was the 239th richest person in America.

Cheap b$stard didn't even leave a tip.