Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Are you kidding me? It took this long to post about this? Man, you admins are self-absorbed!

So shipps, there's no way that's true, is it? And if it is...and it was long enough, would it actually point to the place that hurts? If not, I think it should. I mean, when I stub my toe, my groin hurts!

From everyone I asked in the ER they say for the most part its true.You break your right arm 99% of the time it will naturally lean to the right side or vice versa.There are times when a doc might even take it into account if someone is in a car accident and not conscious enough to tell them where they are hurting and there isnt physical evidence they might focus on a certain part of the body if the dong is giving them a hint.

Edited by shipps

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm watching the ABC news just now, and they're doing the split screen thing with a national financial reporter. As she signs off the camera and mic stay live when they should be back in studio. She pauses for a few seconds, making sure she's clear. And the studio anchors start reading their next story... "A new study finds bored workers are more likely to complain than busy workers" and before he can get half way through that statement, you can see the financial reporter leave the split screen exclaiming "tell MSNBC thanks for blasting that damn music in my ear."

Classic.

/awaits youtubage.

Adults with braces is weird.

"Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover has one of the weirdest dynamics in this regard because Glover clearly has those invisible bracers and talks with a crazy lisp but is the "bad guy".

nothing less suspensful than a villian with a lisp and braces

Quotation from my mom: There aren't glaciers in New Zealand. It's in the tropics.

Me: No mom it's right by Antarctica.

Mom: No, it's in the tropics!

Me: Please give the phone to dad now.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 02:05 PM)
Mine wasn't either. I was feeling good most of the day too and than it came on out of nowhere.

feeling good, then throwing up!? Where have I heard that before? Where you feeling really good? Like bullet proof? ;)

One day my mother was out and my dad was in charge. I was perhaps one and a

half years old.

Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my

favorite toys. Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening

news and my brother was playing nearby in the living room when I brought

Daddy a little cup of 'tea', which was just water.

After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my Mom

came home. My Dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him

a cup of tea, because it was, "Just the cutest thing!"

My Mom waited, and sure enough, here I come down the hall with a cup of

tea for Daddy She watches him drink it up. Then she says, "Did it ever

occur to you that the only place that baby can reach to get water is the

toilet?"

My drive to work this morning, which usually takes about an hour, took 2.5 hours. I drove faster when we had 7" of snow and when we had fog so thick I could barely see the front of my car than I did today. I-55 sucks. I swear, someone farts on that road there is a 20 minute delay. About 7:55, my OCD started giving me fits, and I was screaming, hitting the steering wheel with my hands, and chanting little phrases to calm myself down. I HATE being 30 minutes late to work, even though it wasn't my fault.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
My drive to work this morning, which usually takes about an hour, took 2.5 hours. I drove faster when we had 7" of snow and when we had fog so thick I could barely see the front of my car than I did today. I-55 sucks. I swear, someone farts on that road there is a 20 minute delay. About 7:55, my OCD started giving me fits, and I was screaming, hitting the steering wheel with my hands, and chanting little phrases to calm myself down. I HATE being 30 minutes late to work, even though it wasn't my fault.

But it's good to be King! At least you didn't have to face a boss that tells you to leave earlier so you won't be late :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
But it's good to be King! At least you didn't have to face a boss that tells you to leave earlier so you won't be late :D

I leave an hour early as it is! But I yelled at myself just to make it right.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
I leave an hour early as it is! But I yelled at myself just to make it right.

Sure you did, now get to work! If I were you, I'd think about working through lunch so I'm not pissed off even more.

Everyone in our department got told by our "new" boss we need to start getting into work at 8:30 at the latest (people were getting slack and coming in 8:40 etc.).

But since I only have 5 weeks left in my position, I can't really be bothered changing my routine in the morning, to come in 10 mins earlier (especially when my boss isn't even in the office in the morning half the time).

Idiot eBay buyers :angry:

This one seller has t-mobile Dash phones ending about every four hours. Seriously, one after the other, no end in sight. All refurbished, same description, same everything. So why does the ending price vary from $135 to $205? Do buyers not look? :bang

I'm liking bid assistant. I load ten at a time and place a low bid and I'm waiting. Sooner or later, I'll find the bargain. I love eBay for that.

Isnt it funny how old people jack-up words and names?My grandfather was explaining this organic juice that he likes and he kept on saying orgasm.And then he always calls the grocery store Fairplay,Foreplay.Its like,Gramps what the hell is on your mind!?And I would be willing to bet that he has never said a Whitesox player name correctly no matter how easy you think it would be. :lol: