Least favorite Sox players

Marky Mark

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory Snyder has to be my all time worst Sox player. I remember when the sox got him from cleveland he alway seemed to kill the sox. When he played a half a season a sucked. when clemens pitched in the the new park for the first time, (he started off real hot that year) and the sox scored two run in the first. He was playing Lf that night and let a ball pass between his legs to lose the lead and the game.

bio

Snyder was an instant hit in Cleveland with his power, strong throwing arm, and matinee-idol looks framed by long, shaggy-blond hair. His father Jim had been a minor-league infielder in the early 60s with the Milwaukee Braves. A member of the 1984 U.S. Olympic baseball team, Cory was the fourth overall pick in the 1984 draft.

Snyder's 24 homers and 69 RBI in 416 at-bats in 1986 earned him fourth place in American League Rookie of the Year voting. He was a third baseman and shortstop in the minors, but his poor fielding necessitated a move to right field, where he led AL outfielders in assists in 1988. He hit more than 20 home runs his first three seasons, with a high of 33 in 1987, and has hit as high as .272 twice. However, he soon revealed several flaws, including striking out frequently while rarely walking. In a 1989 game, Pete O'Brien was intentionally walked three times in favor of pitching to Snyder. Later that season, while hitting .229, Snyder went on the disabled list with a bad back.

Cleveland gave up Snyder him the next season after he posted a .270 on-base percentage, trading him to the Chicago White Sox with Lindsay Foster for Eric King and Shawn Hillegas. It looked as if his career was over when he batted just .175 in 1991, but his power stroke returned somewhat in San Fran and LA. On April 17, 1994 he joined Gil Hodges, Don Demeter, and Jimmy Wynn as the only Dodgers to hit three home runs in a game (Hodges had four). No clubs showed interest when he became a free agent after the 1994 strike year. (SFS/JT)

No way you can't hate the Milkman....

Ugh!!! Todd Rizzo Sucked. Chris Clemons Ugh!!!! I saw a draft log the year Clemons was drafted and the Sox passed up Lance Berkman and another one who i can't remember to draft him.

Juan Marte (how many walks did he have that brought in a run?)

Who's Juan Marte??

Joe Bread and Butter Sucked too.

Dan Pasqua the Worst right fielder in Sox History

QUOTE(Heartattack19 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 06:25 PM)
Charlie O'Brien played for the sox the first part of 1998, i think he was the first White Sox Catcher to wear the Hockey style catcher's mask.

God, Mike Bertotti, Todd Rizzo, Pat Daneker, Chris Clemons, Nelson Cruz, why do i still remember these names, for some reason i still have a Larry Thomas card hanging on my bulletin board. It has been there so long, i think it would be illegal to take it down!

Whoa those are some sucky names from the past

Thannks for the O'brien Info i looked it up after I posted

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 01:12 PM)
Jerry Dybzinski(spelling?)

Tony Graffinino (spelling?)

Jaime Navarro

Ross Gload

Jose Paniagua (spelling?)

Harry Chappas

Seems like I didn't care for a lot of guys whose names I can't spell. :P

No hating on the Gload!!!

Ross was underutilized.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
No hating on the Gload!!!

Ross was underutilized.

I think he was overvalued by a fair amount of Sox fans which lead me to dislike him. He seemed to think he was underutilized as well, which didn't help with me. Screw him I'm glad he was sent packing. A fringe utility type guy who thought he was more then that, and tricked some fans into thinking the same.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Jan 15, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
I think he was overvalued by a fair amount of Sox fans which lead me to dislike him. He seemed to think he was underutilized as well, which didn't help with me. Screw him I'm glad he was sent packing. A fringe utility type guy who thought he was more then that, and tricked some fans into thinking the same.

Lies!!!!!

Graf. seemed to be a choke artist. He was o.k. for the most part but would make terrible mistakes in key spots. The Cub game where he failed to remember that a force out was not in order so he never applied the tag at third, was after he blew a perfectly called squeeze play by fouling off a pitch right down the middle for him to get down, which would have ended the game. He was normally a solid defender, but seemed to get the "yips" late in games as well. Hey I loved him with the Red Sox though, that a boy Graf, that's the Tony G. I remember; "NOW MAKE 'EM PAY GOOCH!" :D

The "milkman" was alright, he did seem fat and out of shape, maybe that's why he turned some people off.

Gload I've already said what I disliked about him.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

Jerry Dybzinski(spelling?)

I didn't mind the Dybber until he made that mistake in Game Four. We win that game,

we win Game Five vs. the Orioles with LaMarr Hoyt and big things were ahead.

Runs were impossible to come by that series and still we were in it.

Terrible blunder by Dybber.