Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
Toby Hall is the worst player in the major leagues. Maybe he should become a relief pitcher. I'm sure the Tigers would have interest.

I think I'd gladly eat the 1.7M to see him gone. Doubt it happens...but one can hope.

I don't like him, but Floyd pitched pretty well today. He was lucky Renteria was dogging it and Quentin rifled him out at first because that would have been another run, and there was a drive that was out of most parks but a can of corn in Detroit, but that's pitching to the park.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Bonderman38 was saying Brazoban (sp?) but after that.... bad.

thats not yhency is it?

was it yhency that AJ took deep for the game winner in the old 1959 jerseys against the dodgers

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 09:51 PM)
Well, I think Floyd should have come back out, but go get em BOOOOOONEY.

Im sure he would have but he struggled with the first two hitters this ininng so I have no problem with the move made

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
Phew. Inge crushed it but Swish ran it down. 2 dead.

Inge seems like the master of the hot start. Every year he looks like a world beater in April.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Well, I think Floyd should have come back out, but go get em BOOOOOONEY.

I can see it either way. You definitely want to play your best players to win the first two of a three-game series, but you also want to give a young pitcher like Floyd a chance to win and develop some confidence. I would've been OK either way.

And you're absolutely right about Farmer/Stone. I'll be hitting the mute button on the TV and playing the radio cast over the Web this season.