Indiana / North Carolina primary election thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This from the Washington Post...

Gary Mayor Rudy Clay- "Let me tell you, when all the votes are counted, when Gary comes in, I think you're looking at something for the world to see," Clay, an Obama supporter, said in a telephone interview from Obama's Gary headquarters. "I don't know what the numbers are yet, but Gary has absolutely produced in large numbers for Obama here."

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
I can't go to bed without knowing the outcome.

The only important outcome is the one you know. Clinton isn't close enough. It's done. It's been done for months, but people like drama. Go to sleep, it's more important.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
The only important outcome is the one you know. Clinton isn't close enough. It's done. It's been done for months, but people like drama. Go to sleep, it's more important.

Nah. Wednesdays are my one day off during the week.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
The media's already starting their conspiracy theories if Obama overcomes Clinton's lead (vote tampering in Lake County).

I saw the guy on CNN saying that officials could be holding their results so they can come up with extra votes needed from "somewhere".

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:40 PM)
The media's already starting their conspiracy theories if Obama overcomes Clinton's lead (vote tampering in Lake County).

Just the media being stupid. Regardless of Lake County, Obama kept close enough in IND to only lose by a couple/few delegates, and won by double digits in NC. Hillary would now be stupid to keep going, she needed a surprise tonight and didn't get it. Even if she wins IND, basic mathematics and momentum say it's over.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ May 6, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
No s***. I was just saying that to my GF. I know it's just google maps, but the touch screen with all the votes counted is awesome.

I prefer the green screen virtual set Norah O'Donnell uses on MSNBC. Great full length body shots ;)

Yea, I'm a perv. But i'd do her. lol

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Ok seriously hearing Hillary's supporters and strategists right now is kind of unbearable. Even if she squeaks by in IN tonight and avoids the knockout blow there is virtually nothing positive happened for her tonight at all. It's over. For real. Trying to spin it now just makes them look silly.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 7, 2008 -> 04:02 AM)
Ok seriously hearing Hillary's supporters and strategists right now is kind of unbearable. Even if she squeaks by in IN tonight and avoids the knockout blow there is virtually nothing positive happened for her tonight at all. It's over. For real. Trying to spin it now just makes them look silly.

Yeah, I cringed that whole time. Wasn't Hillary up by 20 in Indiana only a few months ago?

Another Clinton loan?

I asked Clinton campaign chairman Terry McAuliffe just now whether Clinton had given or loaned her campaign more money in the run-up to North Carolina and Indiana.

"Might be. Might not be," McAuliffe said, adding that the campaign would release more fundraising details tomorrow.

In the past, Clinton aides have denied a second Clinton loan, but McAuliffe said tonight his policy is not to talk about fundraising details.

Just got back from the Sox game (Go Gavin!), checked the results. This is a big win for Obama, one way or another. After all the s*** that has been thrown, for him to still almost win a state tailor-made for Clinton, and win NC so handily with no help from Edwards, the Gov or anyone else... well, that's just a big win.

As of now in IN, with 92% reporting...

Clinton: 588,823 (51%)

Obama: 568,126 (49%)

And remember, Clinton had HUGE leads in IN until a few weeks ago.

I am hoping this pushes more supers to get behind Obama, and end this thing.

ETA: Lake County, IN, which includes Gary and other heavy Obama areas, is still only 28% in.