Carmines vs. White Sox 6:05 CT WGN

ChWRoCk2

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
That's my next investment- the black authentic Ramirez.

Tanyon Sturtze alive still? Bring him back!

3 GIDP for AJ. :cheers

I remember we had Gil Heredia in ST the same year Loaiza surprised everyone, in 2003.

I was actually wondering if KW was going to see if David Wells would come out of retirement for like the 4th time.

Arnie Munoz's start in Montreal that Uribe had about 20 RBI's and Willie Harris messed up in the late innings with a bad bunt comes to mind when I think about the future pitching results of whoever we use as our 5th starter. Back to 2001-2004 again!!! Oh, the humanity.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
OK let's all simmer down here.

Ozzie did not give the game away to teach a guy a lesson. He went with Logan as he has to pitch the guys he has got and he trusted Logan for Drew and Ortiz over Russell. Bad move.

The fact is Dice K is dealing and the chances of the pen keping the Red Sox at 1 run were slight at best.

Dotel, Thorton and Jenks are fresh for the next two.

In the end Logan is on a bus, McDougal will be called up as he has the stuff moreso than the other options and they need to get one of the next two.

The offense was non-existant this evening and there was nothing Ozzie or anyone sitting in leftfield was going ot do about it.

You are right about the offense, and a lot of what you say makes sense, but the fact is Ozzie was willing to give up this game, an August game we entered with a 1/2 game lead. He knew there was a distinct chance (if not a certainty) Logan would give up multiple runs, and put him in anyways with another lefty available in the bullpen. With that move, he waved the white flag on this game and on first place (at least for now). We might not have scored anymore even if Ozzie had put Thornton in and he had thrown a good 7th inning, but at least we'd have had a chance. With Logan in, we didn't.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 02:40 AM)
You are right about the offense, and a lot of what you say makes sense, but the fact is Ozzie was willing to give up this game, an August game we entered with a 1/2 game lead. He knew there was a distinct chance (if not a certainty) Logan would give up multiple runs, and put him in anyways with another lefty available in the bullpen. With that move, he waved the white flag on this game and on first place (at least for now). We might not have scored anymore even if Ozzie had put Thornton in and he had thrown a good 7th inning, but at least we'd have had a chance. With Logan in, we didn't.

"You play to win the game"

QUOTE (BearSox @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
is that 4 or 5 DP's on the night? Pitiful offensive performance tonight, we blew several opportunities.

This game would have turned out much differently had we gone ahead 2-1 (thanks AJ, nice bunt Cabrera!) and gone to Dotel and Thornton.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)

I wanted Thorton, Dotel Jenks.

If it goes to the 10th 1-1 were are screwed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 10, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
This game would have turned out much differently had we gone ahead 2-1 (thanks AJ, nice bunt Cabrera!) and gone to Dotel and Thornton.

Completely agree...AJ's 2nd double play was the turning point of this game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:42 PM)
Completely agree...AJ's 2nd double play was the turning point of this game.

That, along with the fact that if Jason Bay just hits his ground ball slightly harder, it's a double play and Thornton starts the 7th with a lead instead of Logan coming in. That and the A.J. double play (well, the 2nd one) were for sure the turning points.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
How hard does Poreda throw?

His ERA is around 3.4 in AA- why not bring up Torres from AA who's ERA is 2.7? Also a LHP, BTW.

upper 90's with good sinking movement is what I have heard.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Does he have a change-up and/or a breaking ball?

Well, the org. has been having him work on developing his secondary stuff, but I have no idea what it's like.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
Arnie Munoz's start in Montreal that Uribe had about 20 RBI's and Willie Harris messed up in the late innings with a bad bunt comes to mind when I think about the future pitching results of whoever we use as our 5th starter. Back to 2001-2004 again!!! Oh, the humanity.

Oh god, good ol' Arnie Munoz. I had such high hopes for him... I remember that Expos game very well. He was so terrible. Like 10 runs in 3 IP, right?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Jim "I do it when it counts" Thome.

Oh no, people still buy into the "Thome is a choker OMG" myth even after his recent work throughout games? I hope that's not the case, as it'd be an unfortunate case of being misinformed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)
Oh no, people still buy into the "Thome is a choker OMG" myth even after his recent work throughout games? I hope that's not the case, as it'd be an unfortunate case of being misinformed.

He sucks all game and then hits a HR when down 5 runs. Great job, Jim.

He sucks all game and then hits a HR when down 5 runs. Great job, Jim.

...and if he ended the game by making an out you'd whine too. Just shut up.

I rather see Thome playing hard until the end instead of seeing AJ hack into three DP's earlier in the game.

I'm starting to think that Griffey was damaged good when we got him. The term general soreness is what makes me think that. Heck I'm sure every player on the team has general soreness at some point in the season and plays through it.

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Aug 9, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
I'm starting to think that Griffey was damaged good when we got him. The term general soreness is what makes me think that. Heck I'm sure every player on the team has general soreness at some point in the season and plays through it.

For all we know, Ozzie asked Griff how he was feeling today and he said I'm a little sore and Oz sat him against his wishes.