Can Doug Eddings work all sox games?

wilmot825

How ironic is it that the run-down interference call was on A.J. and was called by Doug Eddings? Just gave me a flashback to '05 vs. the Angels. This guy must have been raised a Sox fan lol or just has a man crush on "Billy Idol." All jokes aside, what a smart play by A.J. to win the game for the Sox. I think the more we watch him, the more likeable he becomes. Gotta love A.J.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
How ironic is it that the run-down interference call was on A.J. and was called by Doug Eddings? Just gave me a flashback to '05 vs. the Angels. This guy must have been raised a Sox fan lol or just has a man crush on "Billy Idol." All jokes aside, what a smart play by A.J. to win the game for the Sox. I think the more we watch him, the more likeable he becomes. Gotta love A.J.

No. He just calls it the way he sees it and he is always correct :gosox3: :cheers :)

Edited by elrockinMT

In defense of Eddings' call, nobody caught in a rundown spins and turns with their arms at their sides. It's common and natural for balance to swing one's arms when changing directions. AJ took advantage of the fact that the defender did not move far enough out of the way. AJ could have avoided contact by pulling his arms in, but why should he?

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 05:47 PM)
Can somebody explain to me what happened or link a video? I was unable to watch the game.

paulie tied the game in the bottom of the 9th, by singling in brian anderson from second base (pinch running, Junior hit a double.. awesome hit btw)

bottom of 10th:

AJ single

CQ deep flyout to right-center. Upton nonchalantly lobs the ball back in, AJ tags and reaches 2nd. 1 out

JD grounds out, AJ mistakenly tries making 3rd base even though the ground ball was hit to the shortstop before AJ had even passed him, gets caught in a run-down. One of the defenders made contact with AJ's arm, and Eddings calls interferance. AJ to 3rd, JD to 1st. 1 out.

IBB thome. Bases loaded. 1 out

Sexy f***ing Alexei singles to right on an 0-1 pitch, wins the game.

d1001441-251d-479a-ad5f-ddf58bc0e23a.jpg

2ac6a6cf-1c7c-421e-8506-b8ec508df1ff.jpg

Edited by joesaiditstrue

Ump's absolutely terrible blown call hands us the game.

Where's all the b****ing about umpiring conspiracies against the Sox now? Where are all you guys?

Also, AJ's not really a hero, he made a terrible baserunning mistake to begin with and got the benefit of a brutal call by Eddings.

Even at full speed, it was pretty obvious AJ threw his arm out trying to get some sort of contact as he was dead and not going to run anymore.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 07:12 PM)

Where's all the b****ing about umpiring conspiracies against the Sox now? Where are all you guys?

Also, AJ's not really a hero, he made a terrible baserunning mistake to begin with and got the benefit of a brutal call by Eddings.

Even at full speed, it was pretty obvious AJ threw his arm out trying to get some sort of contact as he was dead and not going to run anymore.

Wow.

Agreed completely... and it's nice to see a bad call going in favor of us for once in a while. Umpires f*** up, so what... It's part of the game. I still don't think replay should be allowed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)

he definitely pulled one out of his ass to cover up yet another boneheaded move on the field by the sox. glad we got the benefit of the call this time around - but something tells me that Eddings won't be looking to side with AJ again anytime soon!

Cub Fan?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 01:12 AM)

We deserve a few, it's still very skewed the other way in my experience.

Please try to turn around without swinging throwing your arms out. It'll feel weird I bet. AJ was turning, and had no choice but to make contact. The call was correct.

It was an odd call, but not necessarily the wrong one. The fielder makes the throw to second and has to get out of the way, even if he's going to cover two. AJ definitely stuck his elbow out, but the fielder does have to get out of the way. If Pierzynski would have turned around to his left, he would have ran right into him. Odd call, but not sure it's one you can argue.

QUOTE (ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Really proved me wrong with that one.

Do I need to? Everyone knows AJ stuck his arm out to try to initiate something, anything, to turn that situation around. He knew what he was doing, and got the benefit of a missed call on it.

If you can't see that from watching the replay, I really can't help you.

It's amazing how blindly biased some people can be towards the Sox, it really is.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Do I need to? Everyone knows AJ stuck his arm out to try to initiate something, anything, to turn that situation around. He knew what he was doing, and got the benefit of a missed call on it.

If you can't see that from watching the replay, I really can't help you.

It's amazing how blindly biased some people can be towards the Sox, it really is.

Hey Cub fan, calm down. We are just excited that a call went our way and the great A.J. was behind it again.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Hey Cub fan, calm down. We are just excited that a call went our way and the great A.J. was behind it again.

Yeah...let it go. This man knows more about baseball than anybody on the planet and is never wrong.

Same guy that said Buehrle threw to the wrong guy on the botched DP on the comebacker...give it up...he can't help you. His work is done here. dnozzle......