9/9: White Sox vs Blue Jays, DH G2: 7:11, CSN

fathom

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:06 AM)
ozzie is a great off field/clubhouse manager...on the field IMO he is definitely sub par...he has admitted that he doesnt really look at stats and just manages on his gut...to me, in this day in age, that is absolutely inexcusible.....any other type of mangement in any other work environment would be fired for neglecting such information.....not saying you have to use that stuff as the bible, but im not sure how you can simply ignore alot of that stuff

Like letting Wassermann face G. Anderson? Someone said on the radio that Ozzie didn't know Anderson was on their bench.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Toby just missed that.

haha...not that backup catcher is this teams biggest concern, but you can add toby to the list of players i won't miss next year

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:59 PM)
Uribe (and crede when he was healthy), AJ, cabrera, are all inferior hitters....in addition konerko has been roughly equivalent, and probably a tad worse this year...and alexei is similar IMO

Other than Uribe, those are all better hitters than swisher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
I'm honestly sorry I started this game thread.

I was gonna start one, but I started two of the four we played in Toronto... we all know how those went (ridiculous pitching and no hitting).

God. I'm not giving up hope, but I definitely started drinking when Paulie went down... on the first play of the game I tune into. Depressing, but I still think we are in it. I want the Central this year, I want it bad. I'll talk about the playoffs when we get to the playoffs, but dag gummit we are still in a pennant race with 3 weeks left. The Central title is within grasp. We can do this, it's up to the guys left. Griffey, let's f***in' go, dog.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
I seriously don't know how to respond to such a crazy claim.

how so? if you consider uribe a regular now then maybe, but he has been hitting much better than nick since being a full time starter. PK, Thome, CQ, OC, Alexei, Dye and AJ are all better this season. Griffey has struggled, but i will take his track record

Second guessing is so easy to do. The Yankees second guessed Torre all the time; now they have a clown in Girardi. Oz has gotten the most out of his talent this year. Any manager we had you can second guess 10 moves in any loss. That's a fact. He's a great manager.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:09 AM)
Second guessing is so easy to do. The Yankees second guessed Torre all the time; now they have a clown in Girardi. Oz has gotten the most out of his talent this year. Any manager we had you can second guess 10 moves in any loss. That's a fact. He's a great manager.

So, you condone of the bunt attempts in this afternoon's game? How about letting Jerry Owens bat with the go-ahead runner on 2nd base? How about letting Wassermann face G. Anderson? Who can forget the Horacio debacle in Baltimore, followed up with having AJP "try" to bunt in front of Quentin.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
So, you condone of the bunt attempts in this afternoon's game? How about letting Jerry Owens bat with the go-ahead runner on 2nd base? How about letting Wassermann face G. Anderson? Who can forget the Horacio debacle in Baltimore, followed up with having AJP "try" to bunt in front of Quentin.

There's a big f***ing difference between second and first guessing.

I love the Nick Swisher is good arguement... the guy is hitting .226 with 120 strikeouts, but is considered good because he is "patient" (which is BS anyway as he is much too patient at bat, letting good pitches go and K'ing way too many times looking) and walks a fair amount of times.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)

A great in game manager. I suggest you familiarize yourself with other managers. There is a long list of better in game managers than Ozzie. I think he can motivate, but he and his magic 8 ball are epic fail at times during the course of a game.

Maybe we can refresh your memory.

Challenging MVP candidates with a base open in a close game late with men on 2nd and 3rd.

Then treating punch and judy hitters who hit .230 like they are the previous MVP candidate after he cleared the bases.

Bringing in a lefty to face a lefty. When said lefty cant throw strikes to a lefty, and the lefty up hits .300 against lefties.

Bunting with guys who have proven over the last few years they can't bunt.

Everytime you have 2 outs and a man on first, you steal. To the point that other managers pitch out and still you dont adjust.

Playing guys out of position and not subing in one run games in the 8th and 9th inning.