'Anonymous' Hacker Group Gets Palin's Emails

StrangeSox

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:48 AM)
Wow, pulled into a scuffle through no fault of my own, a first. :lolhitting

Yes, of course my post in the earlier thread was speculative. And no, I was not projecting any desired outcome onto it. I did wonder what the party would have to do to pull Governor Palin off the ticket if (IF, if IF . . . that's the word that is supposed to indicate the speculative nature of the post) something turned up in the post hoc vetting that was so damaging as to make her non-viable as a running mate. I looked into it and basically learned that a candidate could bow out fairly easily until they formally accept the nomination. After that, it would take an RNC committee vote to replace someone on the ticket.

That would have been an interesting situation, but not necessarily one I was hoping to see unfold. I still feel very strongly that Governor Palin will ultimately be a key factor in the the McCain campaign's undoing, but obviously she has to be on the ticket for that to happen.

yea right. you weren't hoping it would happen? suuure

this is coming from a guy with given avatar. :lolhitting

as to end this COMPLETELY POINTLESS discussion

Yes of course flasoxxjim, how silly of anyone to think that your post about a scenario with impending doom for Sarah Palin on the McCain ticket would have anything to do with political partisanship. As, of course, you certainly would never hope such a thing would happen! you were merely pointing out what you thought was a likely possibility.

Edited by mr_genius

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:58 PM)
I do see Fla's post now though - so I stand corrected there. Amazingly though, for as lousy as that thread got, there was very little that went to such an extreme.

What extreme? Do you and Genius BOTH need a refresher course on the definition of "if"?

:lolhitting

Man, if I had a flamethrower I'd probably torch this place one day.

I know you cant read this but the rest of the world can so here it goes:

I still feel very strongly that Governor Palin will ultimately be a key factor in the the McCain campaign's undoing, but obviously she has to be on the ticket for that to happen.

That statement should really be in bold, because it shows that if anything Flasox wants her on the ticket so that she can be the undoing of McCain. If she had been removed immediately it may have stung some, but might not have destroyed their chances. If Palin goes down now, its ova.

(I know there is a double entendre there so im leaving it).

And Flasox,

Dont worry about the scuffle, some how I think I will continue living even though my posts will no longer be read by the genius.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
lol

yea right. you weren't hoping it would happen? suuure

this is coming from a guy with given avatar. :lolhitting

I'm going to pass on getting into this. And it's not a matter of understanding semantics, it's a matter of reading comprehension. Both of these skills are failing you at the moment.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
I'm going to pass on getting into this. And it's not a matter of understanding semantics, it's a matter of reading comprehension. Both of these skills are failing you at the moment.

haha

typical mindless Obamatron comment

Edited by mr_genius

Its not mindless,

I have to agree with Flasox here, I think he can attest to the fact that him and I have never met, and him and I have never really even had a conversation on any forum in these boards.

Yet I was still able to read his post and understand the point he was making.

So the only way it can be read another way is if you are looking beyond the words in the post to try and attribute meaning thats not there.

I know you cant read that but whatever, perhaps the rest of the world can see your true genius.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:11 PM)
haha

typical mindless Obamatron comment

:lolhitting Obamatron, I love the nickname :notworthy Is that original?

And a perfect label for Jim. Never an original thought, just mindless rehashing of party lines. Talk about raising credibility! If he was a conservative he'd probably just be walking around yelling ditto and mega dittos! :lol:

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:16 PM)
:lolhitting Obamatron, I love the nickname :notworthy Is that original?

And a perfect label for Jim. Never an original thought, just mindless rehashing of party lines. Talk about raising credibility! If he was a conservative he'd probably just be walking around yelling ditto and mega dittos! :lol:

i know you're trying to be clever here, but yea he pretty much is.

Edited by mr_genius

Good grief.

I don't think ANYONE was wishing Palin to get axed, but I did say I could see it happen if something blew up.

I remember what I said.

Harriet Myers is to George W Bush as Sarah Palin is to John McCain... POTENTIALLY.

Guess it hasn't worked out that way.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
What extreme? Do you and Genius BOTH need a refresher course on the definition of "if"?

:lolhitting

Man, if I had a flamethrower I'd probably torch this place one day.

Sorry FSJ, I wasn't trying to say that. I was more saying, with some pride, that the thread seemed bad but actually wasn't all that horrible on scale. Then, this thread got bad.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
And they just got in again.

This is as much of a hack as someone scribbling their password and putting it on the keyboard. They used Wikipedia to look up info, and then used the Yahoo password reset service. Now I was under the assumption that it sent an email off. I guess if you dont add a secondary email address, it just resets it. So a combination of her public life being an open book, stupidity for using a public service like this, and a kid with a few minutes on google circumvented her account. Now the dummy who did this, also used a single proxy to launch his connection. His single proxy, is based in the United States. So the FBI, will subpoena the records. Now for any morons trying to get in with that account now, realize that the FBI most likely has deployed a tap under Calea and is collecting all of that wonderful traffic. Remember a DDoS is one thing, is a hose that sprays into the wind and doesnt require the 3 way TCP/IP handshake. Now any connection, either through a proxy or not, requires a TCP/IP handshake. So traceback on an active hack is not that hard.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Now for any morons trying to get in with that account now, realize that the FBI most likely has deployed a tap under Calea and is collecting all of that wonderful traffic. Remember a DDoS is one thing, is a hose that sprays into the wind and doesnt require the 3 way TCP/IP handshake. Now any connection, either through a proxy or not, requires a TCP/IP handshake. So traceback on an active hack is not that hard.

Correct me if I am wrong, but if they run it through a Tor network, it's untraceable.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Correct me if I am wrong, but if they run it through a Tor network, it's untraceable.

Tor is not untraceable. Because of the session splitting its harder to get the entire conversation. But remember, in the end like any P2P service, those TOR nodes contact a centalized sevice to announce their availability to accept connections.

Why worry about being untraceable. With the amount of un-secured access points in a driving radius, it would require 100 bucks from radio shack, spoofing my mac address, running a linux distro, and never hit the same open ap again. Who cares if they trace you then. They are kicking in someone elses door.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Tor is not untraceable. Because of the session splitting its harder to get the entire conversation. But remember, in the end like any P2P service, those TOR nodes contact a centalized sevice to announce their availability to accept connections.

Why worry about being untraceable. With the amount of un-secured access points in a driving radius, it would require 100 bucks from radio shack, spoofing my mac address, running a linux distro, and never hit the same open ap again. Who cares if they trace you then. They are kicking in someone elses door.

ahh ok. I was mistaken about Tor then. Thanks for the insite. I guess it's MOSTLY untraceable, but still traceable to those who really want to find you. That open wi-fi part is very good though.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
ahh ok. I was mistaken about Tor then. Thanks for the insite. I guess it's MOSTLY untraceable, but still traceable to those who really want to find you. That open wi-fi part is very good though.

If you are connecting and using something, that requires TCP or any other transport protocol that is connection oriented. You will need a 3 way handshake for the session to begin. So either through a proxy or not, that syn-ack packet finds it way back to you.

tcpopen3way.png

Edited by southsideirish71