"Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ALDS Thread

Brian

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
Supposed to pitch game 3 last I read.

he big test will come Thursday, when Red Sox ace Josh Beckett gives his strained right oblique the test of a side session. But he took a smaller test on Tuesday, one that gave manager Terry Francona some enthusiasm that the penciled-in Game 3 start for Beckett in this American League Division Series against the Angels is not a reach.

"Beckett threw starting at 60 feet and made 30 throws," Francona said. "He moved back to 90 and made 20. Then he came back to 60 and the ball came out of his hand real well. Everything was very encouraging. He'll long toss [Wednesday], side day Thursday. Everything was real positive."

complete postseason coverage

If Beckett hadn't strained the oblique in that side session at Fenway late last week, he would have started Game 1, given his October resume and his ace status.

But the Red Sox continue to hope for the next best thing -- that he'll take the ball on Sunday at Fenway in Game 3.

"Again, I think we think he's going to pitch, and if he doesn't, we couldn't come into a series without being ready, hopefully, for everything," Francona said.

Mlb.com

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Not too look ahead but I think I'd rather face Anaheim than Boston, regardless of home field.

^^^^^^^^^^

And I'm sure the Angels and their fans would LOVE to have another ALCS rematch against us for the pennant, so it'll be quite the series to remember. (if we win of course) Plus, regardless on whose really the stronger team, I can't stand the Sawx. If it was the Rays vs. the Angels, I would love to see any one of them represent the AL in the W.S. not the Sawx.

Edited by SoxAce

I'm starting to think there is some sort of Donnie Moore curse at work when these teams get together in October. The Angels are now 0-10 against Boston in the playoffs since Dave Henderson's 9th inning home run cleared the wall in game 5 of the 1986 ALCS, assuming you include that game (and you should, it actually ended up going 11 innings).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Not too look ahead but I think I'd rather face Anaheim than Boston, regardless of home field.

Me thinks we don't need to worry about who we'll match up better against in the next round,we r done.

If anyone wants to feel better about themselves watch this game. Anaheim has already stranded 8 runners on 8 hits, 3 walks through five innings. Even though they have three runs, it should have been more.

And Hunter just committed a showboat error in CF trying to make a basket catch.

Any way we land Teixeira in the offseason?

There's 2 reasons I say we have no chance:

1. Despite playing well at the end of the year, we'd never trade Konerko.

2. Reinsdorf won't pony up $180-200 million over 7 or 8 years (that's been reported as to what Teixeira is looking for).

Edited by whitesoxbrian