"Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Chicago Cubs NLDS"

Brian

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
i'll admit i'm upset and was rooting for the cubs.

i have tickets for tomorrow's game right behind the dodger dugout. was really hoping to be there for the elimination/celebration.

Ditto. I had Loge seats.

Mine came from a friend of mine who works at the League office. Maybe I can get NLCS tickets.

Where in LA are you? I'm in Echo Park, and walk to the Dodger games.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:22 PM)
Can you believe these morons are still complaining about the first round being 5 games? lol. YOU GOT f***ING SWEPT YOU DUMBASS f***S! Would it be that much better to lose in a 4-game sweep than a 3-game sweep? lol.

IIRC they complained about the NLCS in 1984 being only a "best of five", especially because the NLCS and ALCS then became "best of seven" the following year.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 01:34 AM)
If we get swept out, I hope to god that Sox fan's don't call in and sound like these morons. It's really pathetic. So far they have turned on "Fonzie", Lou, The entire team, blamed the schedule, blamed inter-league play, Curses...what's next. The weather? Day baseball?

Sox fans have been calling the postgame show sounding like morons all year - why would it change now?

The phone screeners WANT the morons to get on air - more people want to hear howling asscracks than reasoned, logical fans.

I guarantee if the Sox lose today, the callers to the postgame show will sound very much like the dopes who called to rail against the Cubs.

Found this on Dodger Blues

Baseball season's almost gone

You want to throw up on your lawn

Hey Chicago what do you say.

The Cubs are gonna s*uck today.

They're singing...

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

Hey, Chicago, what do you say

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

Big Z gets hammered so he throws a fit

When the weather gets hot, Harden says, "I'll sit"

Soriano hops when he drops that ball

D Lee pops out to the right-field wall.

They're singing...

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

We're singing now...

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

Melt-down time is here again.

You can catch it all on WGN

And while you watch your teeth will grit

'cause our overpaid ballplayers don't give a s*hit

You're singin' now...

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

Everybody now...

Blow Cubs blow

Blow Cubs blow

:lolhitting

My biggest fear this year was that this season would see the fulfillment of the unspeakable horror that was almost 2003: Sox suffer killer sweep in dome, fall short in their division, Cubs take theirs, and storm through playoffs to World Series. Game 163 alleviated most of that; Last night took care of the rest. Why'd I even worry?

Now, GO YOU WHITE SOXXXXX!!!!!

QUOTE (zimne piwo @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 03:37 AM)
IIRC they complained about the NLCS in 1984 being only a "best of five", especially because the NLCS and ALCS then became "best of seven" the following year.

Cubs fans spent YEARS complaining that the 1984 team would have had home field, but didn't because Wrigley Field didn't have lights. It was always hysterical because it proved just how dumb those people are, but it seems since 2003 that they have finally realized the rules then were home field was alternated between the divisions and it was just the west's turn that season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
Yeah, I make fun of the dumbass Cub fans a lot, but the people like my best friend who are actual baseball fans that like the Cubs, I usually just try and be as nice to him as possible. I know he feels bad, he knows I hate the Cubs, no need to rub it in.

I agree with this statement. I have friends that are Cub fans, but I not about to harass them about another embarrassing playoff loss. But with that said, "It's NOT Gonna Happen!!"

It will be interesting to see if they blow up this team.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 06:59 AM)
Sox fans have been calling the postgame show sounding like morons all year - why would it change now?

The phone screeners WANT the morons to get on air - more people want to hear howling asscracks than reasoned, logical fans.

I guarantee if the Sox lose today, the callers to the postgame show will sound very much like the dopes who called to rail against the Cubs.

You're absolutely right. I used to listen to Rongey's show but I couldn't take listening any more to the ignorance of Sox fans who were calling in. I remember earlier this season listening to a caller try to convince Rongey that the Sox need to trade Buehrle or "send him to the minors or something" because he was the one Sox pitcher who had not been pitching as well in the caller's recent memory. Its like fans just forget about a player's history and ability and quickly assume that whatever temporary hitting/pitching streak they're on mirrors how good they will be for the rest of the player's season/career.

The same callers call in with fairytale trade ideas that don't take into account the other team's needs and sensibility. Or think that any player can be sent to the minors at any time they're in a slump.

I'm embarrassed of those callers and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Rongey hated Sox fans for their ignorance (not that any other team's fans would be different).

I had always assumed Cub fans were the dumber, more oblivious fans, but ever since '05 I see very little difference in baseball knowledge.

You're absolutely right. I used to listen to Rongey's show but I couldn't take listening any more to the ignorance of Sox fans who were calling in. I remember earlier this season listening to a caller try to convince Rongey that the Sox need to trade Buehrle or "send him to the minors or something" because he was the one Sox pitcher who had not been pitching as well in the caller's recent memory. Its like fans just forget about a player's history and ability and quickly assume that whatever temporary hitting/pitching streak they're on mirrors how good they will be for the rest of the player's season/career.

The same callers call in with fairytale trade ideas that don't take into account the other team's needs and sensibility. Or think that any player can be sent to the minors at any time they're in a slump.

I'm embarrassed of those callers and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Rongey hated Sox fans for their ignorance (not that any other team's fans would be different).

I had always assumed Cub fans were the dumber, more oblivious fans, but ever since '05 I see very little difference in baseball knowledge.

Theres so many fans in the world, that theres gonna be intelligent ones, and theres gonna be unlogical ones, it's just the nature of a popular game like baseball. I agree with ya that mainstream radio is always wack, that's why we have places like soxtalk :). Maybe we need a soxtalk radio haha