2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

the indians, like the white sox, keep getting hit by the pitch

today by toronto, shoppach has been hit by pitch twice in two at bats. the first one shoppach leaned into, and the second one he didnt move to get out of way

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2009 -> 12:58 PM)
How has Crede's glove been this season?

He's been solid, but Punto has been the only above average defender consistently all season. That said I know the Twins have said nothing but good things about Crede's defense and I'm sure it'll continue to get better as the rust wears off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
How has Crede's glove been this season?

He has been the best defensive third baseman in the majors this season.

I had to edit because i am 100% serious.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:26 PM)
He's been solid, but Punto has been the only above average defender consistently all season. That said I know the Twins have said nothing but good things about Crede's defense and I'm sure it'll continue to get better until his back gives out again.

QUOTE (qwerty @ May 6, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
He has been the best defensive third baseman in the majors this season.

I had to edit because i am 100% serious.

I swear to god I thought you were being sarcastic. I went and checked out fangraphs and I see he's leading all qualified third basemen in UZR.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/...ds/?pl_id=28064

Dontrelle Willis is showing signs of turning things around in the minors, too.

If Perry and Porcello get going to pair with Zumaya and Rodney, and they get Bonderman back and healthy, their offense will overwhelm the Royals.

Perry, Rodney and Zumaya can all throw 95-100.

That's a whole lot of ifs in that scenario.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
That's a whole lot of ifs in that scenario.

Well, their "ifs" (Robertson, Miner, Bonderman, Willis) are probably a lot better than ours...Contreras, Broadway, Richard, Egbert, Poreda, Marquez and Van Benschoten, assuming Colon can hold up all season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2009 -> 10:08 PM)
We shouldn't have given away game two of the series the other night. That was disappointing. They are on a roll right now. It's Zack-mania in KC.

Sox are already 4 games back. s***. Hope the angels can slow them down, maybe be 2 back after the weekend.

Don't think we're going to sweep one of the hottest teams in baseball...especially with Jose on the bump.

Then again, he's DUE to have at least ONE good outing this season, but against Texas, with that unforgiving line-up?

The Angels are the type of team that traditionally has been difficult for the Royals, but, they're not the Angels and the Royals are a different team than they've ever been, because even the 2003 Royals that were leading the division by 7 at the ASB in 2003 sensed it was all going to fall apart that year and that the whole thing was held together by duct tape, baling wire and Jose Lima Glue.

Edited by caulfield12