Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
By the way, I just want to say well done Lovie. That was a great job in your return as defensive coordinator against a very good Packer offense!!!

yeah that preseason Nintendo offense didnt quite translate to the reg season like everyone thought it would

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 09:57 AM)
I'm not worried about the Offense. They looked a little out of sync, but it's the first week. They just missed some big plays.

The D-line looked awesome. Cullen Jenkins is a beast. I can't wait till BJ gets in the rotation too.

Right, I'm not overly worried about the offense either. Didn't turn over the ball once and did not try to force anything and allowed for the defense to come on the field and make a stop. My only concern is Barbre of course and hopefully next game the O drops less passes. The offense should be fine.

The defensive line did look good, I was quite pleased, I really didn't think we would generate much of a rush but we hurried up Cutler a number of times.

Special teams looked pretty good on coverage as well, minus the missed field goal by Mason.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
All you Bears fans should just join me and follow the Silver and Black of the Raiders.

*awaits crickets*

what do you need crickets for? you have Richard Seymour. I think

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
The only positive is that maybe the Bears will realize that the talent is only as good as the play call.

I wish Ron Turner was some where else.

God I can't stand Turner... It's the same crap year after year with him. I'm gonna break something in my house one sunday because of his crap play calling/game planning. I give it til week 4 before Cutler starts getting pissed with the play calling.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
Right, I'm not overly worried about the offense either. Didn't turn over the ball once and did not try to force anything and allowed for the defense to come on the field and make a stop. My only concern is Barbre of course and hopefully next game the O drops less passes. The offense should be fine.

The defensive line did look good, I was quite pleased, I really didn't think we would generate much of a rush but we hurried up Cutler a number of times.

Special teams looked pretty good on coverage as well, minus the missed field goal by Mason.

Time for a banning! No positive Packer thoughts here. :)

Well that was a fast football season. Call me crazy, but I'm not particularly a big fan of a sport that has such a high probability of injury. If I wanted to watch all my favorite athletes get hurt, I'd just watch the MMA or UFC. I watch football for football, but the game is just too flawed in it's design. Nothing good is ever going to come from a bunch of 250+ lb guys running into each other, jumping into each other, and piling up on top of each other. That's not football, that's how gorilla armies would fight each other.

QUOTE (Wise Master Buehrle @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 04:55 PM)
Well that was a fast football season. Call me crazy, but I'm not particularly a big fan of a sport that has such a high probability of injury. If I wanted to watch all my favorite athletes get hurt, I'd just watch the MMA or UFC. I watch football for football, but the game is just too flawed in it's design. Nothing good is ever going to come from a bunch of 250+ lb guys running into each other, jumping into each other, and piling up on top of each other. That's not football, that's how gorilla armies would fight each other.

lol,so true

I love football but it is fustrating the amount of injuries in today's game.

If my son shows some real athletic talent,I will encourage him to make baseball his choice of sport and steer him clear from the gridiron.

So a day after, I'm actually encouraged as a Bears fan. They lost the TO battle 4-0, wasted 2 challenges on obvious calls, had an idiotic direct snap by the ever reliable Patrick Mannelly, their $15m new LG Frank Omiyale looked terrible, Olsen and Forte had a combined 1 catch, Tinosamoa and Urlacher missed practically the whole game, and they lost by 6 points on a TD with 1:10 left + a 2 point conversion.

If it takes all that to beat the Bears by 6 in a tough place to play like Green Bay, I still think the Bears can win 10 games.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
So a day after, I'm actually encouraged as a Bears fan. They lost the TO battle 4-0, wasted 2 challenges on obvious calls, had an idiotic direct snap by the ever reliable Patrick Mannelly, their $15m new LG Frank Omiyale looked terrible, Olsen and Forte had a combined 1 catch, Tinosamoa and Urlacher missed practically the whole game, and they lost by 6 points on a TD with 1:10 left + a 2 point conversion.

If it takes all that to beat the Bears by 6 in a tough place to play like Green Bay, I still think the Bears can win 10 games.

Why didn't the Bears work more short and intermediate passes to Olsen and Forte last night? That really surprised me.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Why didn't the Bears work more short and intermediate passes to Olsen and Forte last night? That really surprised me.

If your QB is under heavy pressure, that's the classic technique to beat the Blitz and back people off.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
If your QB is under heavy pressure, that's the classic technique to beat the Blitz and back people off.

Ron Turner is just not very good.

Mannelly's explanation made sense. If there really are 12 guys on the field, you get a free shot at the conversion. But you better make damn well sure there's still 12 guys on the field.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)

Mannelly's explanation made sense. If there really are 12 guys on the field, you get a free shot at the conversion. But you better make damn well sure there's still 12 guys on the field.

He waited until Wolfe was actually looking. That was the problem. He could have snapped it and just had Wolfe fumble it and it would have worked.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)

The Packers were putting two men on Olsen. Cutler didn't seem to want to check it down to Forte at all.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
He waited until Wolfe was actually looking. That was the problem. He could have snapped it and just had Wolfe fumble it and it would have worked.

But then there's no point because its 4th and 6. They needed to try and actually get the first there.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)

IIRC, a "too many men" penalty is just a 5 yard penalty. Even if they would've gotten the call, it would've been 4th and 6. IMO, you don't take the chance unless your 100% sure or if your at the 50 beyond, not on your own 30. EDIT- STRANGESOX BEAT ME TO THAT ONE.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 06:24 PM)

I'm not sure. Well, JC has never really thrown to his RB's.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 14, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Bills to AFC title game

Just stop. ;)

Edited by whitesoxbrian