Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
Briggs named a captain, yet he doesn't get to call plays for the defense. It goes to a backup. NFL is weird like that. Sapp was on the NFL network yesterday I think stating that Urlacher's position is not really important in the Cover 2. It's Tommie, Lance, and Aflalava's positions. He basically said, what you got from the MLB, as long as not out of position, is icing on the top, and Urlacher made a ton of cakes(that's my paraphrase). Anyway, what happened to Jamar Williams?

yesterday on the score they said that Nick Roach would be the 3rd starting LB, but that Jamar Williams would get in on some plays as well. Williams plays all 4 phases of special teams, so that might limit how many plays he is in as linebacker

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
I can't speak for others, but my feeling is that in a little over two weeks, the Bears are going to be 0-3 and toast.

Have you not seen the schedule after these 3 games? Its possible to win 6 in a row after Seattle. Another win against Det, split GB and Minn. 10 wins should be doable. God what is with the f***ing fans here, we're gonna boo our franchise QB on his first incompletion Sunday and give up on the season after 2 weeks. I love it

Det

Atl

Cin

Cle

Ari

Sf

Phi

Min

Stl

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
Have you not seen the schedule after these 3 games? Its possible to win 6 in a row after Seattle. Another win against Det, split GB and Minn. 10 wins should be doable. God what is with the f***ing fans here, we're gonna boo our franchise QB on his first incompletion Sunday and give up on the season after 2 weeks. I love it

Det

Atl

Cin

Cle

Ari

Sf

Phi

Min

Stl

Did you just move to chicago?

:P

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:10 PM)
Mind you half of Bears fans are also Cubs fans.

But even then, Cubs fans still blindly think they're perennial s***ty baseball team is "going all the way" and don't give up till the very end....but 2 games for the bears and its over.

And then you got all the "experts" claiming that the bears are in massive trouble, that Cutler is horrible and we should get Orton back, etc. Then 5 minutes later say "well the Pats/Chargers were just a little bit rusty, they'll be fine." Really? So the Pats and Chargers, who have been playing together for the last 4 years, were rusty....but the Bears, who have been playing together for 4 months should be clicking on all cylinders? What the f***?

Am I watching different games or something? "Cutler SHOULD have had 7 interceptions Troy, he was just plain terrible" No mention of his receivers hanging him out to dry or the absolute s*** play-calling in the redzone though. No mention of JC coming out in the second half and marching down the field easily after a horrific first half that would have destroyed most other QB's and STILL being in a position to win that game after spotting them 7 points due to Des Clark.

Idiots, and the dumb fans here lap that s*** up like its gospel. The experts are just like everybody else for f*** sake, they don't know what the hell they're talking about half the time just like every other fan.

Det

Atl

Cin

Cle

Ari

Sf

Phi

Min

Stl

You think that secondary's gonna be able to hold Atlanta & Arizona eh? I love Bears fans sometimes.

Det

Atl

Cin

Cle

Ari

Sf

Phi

Min

Stl

The most popular athlete in Chicago has been and always will be the Bears backup quarterback

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)
You think that secondary's gonna be able to hold Atlanta & Arizona eh? I love Bears fans sometimes.

We held the greatest offense in the history of preseason football last week didn't we? Thats the thing with having an offense (which we will) we don't need to shut down teams to beat them

And you "love Bears fans sometimes hur hur hur", you should since more then half of them think the season is over already.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 03:39 PM)

They held down the almighty Aaron Rodgers, the god given Greg Jennings, and the saint himself Donald Driver, yes?

Plus, I'll take my chances with Arizona coming to Chicago a week and a day into November in possible rain/wind/cold/even snow possibly. Also, Atlanta has 2 guys to throw to- White and Gonzalez. Douglas was a huge loss.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 06:55 AM)
We held the greatest offense in the history of preseason football last week didn't we? Thats the thing with having an offense (which we will) we don't need to shut down teams to beat them

And you "love Bears fans sometimes hur hur hur", you should since more then half of them think the season is over already.

Well that's pre-season football, not the real stuff.

And obviously with the WR's the Bears have, they are a borderline top half offensive team in the NFL IMO.

I don't get how somebody can point to the schedule and say the Bears are fine. The Packers and Vikings, who are both better teams than the Bears, are playing basically the same schedule. If you aren't concerned about the Bears right now, than you're guilty of what we make fun of Cubs fans for having so much, which is blind optimism. Yeah it's only one loss last week, but this is the NFL and you only play 16 games, so every game is vital.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't get how somebody can point to the schedule and say the Bears are fine. The Packers and Vikings, who are both better teams than the Bears, are playing basically the same schedule. If you aren't concerned about the Bears right now, than you're guilty of what we make fun of Cubs fans for having so much, which is blind optimism. Yeah it's only one loss last week, but this is the NFL and you only play 16 games, so every game is vital.

Its not that simple, I don't have blind optimism, but I don't have blind "oh my god the season is over" like everyone else seems to have.

All I saw in that game was a team that was coached and played so poorly, yet still should have won easily. We lost by 6 points...Clark lost us 7 guaranteed points and Turner's piss poor excuse for an offense lost us 4 extra points in the redzone. I saw a team with 2 legit WR and a decent RB barely win with 4 f***ing INT's and a gift ball given in their own redzone.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)

remember_kids.jpg

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 19, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
Its not that simple, I don't have blind optimism, but I don't have blind "oh my god the season is over" like everyone else seems to have.

All I saw in that game was a team that was coached and played so poorly, yet still should have won easily. We lost by 6 points...Clark lost us 7 guaranteed points and Turner's piss poor excuse for an offense lost us 4 extra points in the redzone. I saw a team with 2 legit WR and a decent RB barely win with 4 f***ing INT's and a gift ball given in their own redzone.

Please post more often. You make sense and are a breath of fresh air. :cheers

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)

Well, the Vikings and Packers go to Arizona and Pittsburgh..

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)

Yes, the Bears probably should have had 1-2 more TDs under their belt. You neglect to mention that the Packers should have scored more in the first half as well. Rodgers overthrew a sure thing TD, Crosby missed a FG but he has been having slight injury problems, all of a sudden that is 20 points on the board instead of 10 for Green Bay at the half. But I really don't care how many points Chicago "should" have had, my team won and a win is a win. I really don't care to listen to Bears fans saying, oh the Bears should have won, I'd be saying the same thing if GB was the one who threw the four picks and had many injuries in a close game. I watched GB lose 7 games last year in which they should have won.

Neither team played great and up to their potential so you have to take this game with a grain of salt. I'm definitely not expecting GB or CHI offenses to suck every week or for GB defense to be great every week.

What do you f***ing expect? A lot of fans are not educated enough to know that after their star player goes down their season is not over. Eagles just had McNabb go down, is their season over? Probably not, but until they get him back they probably are not winning anymore games. Brady went down last year, was their season over, probably not but when you have a QB walk in with no experience it is hard to expect a playoff birth, but the talent around Cassel was there. Immediately after I heard Urlacher was injured I saw about 20 facebook negative facebook statuses. No matter how you look at it losing a star player is a pretty big hit, especially when your team has not played well without Urlacher. I'm not saying their season is over but Bears fans came into this season with huge expectations and watching last game's performance surely died those expectations down some.

Your typical fan watches that Bears vs. Packers game and it should be understandable as to why some of their optimism lowers when Urlacher gets lost for the season, their franchise QB throws 4 INTs, Clark gets injured, Pisa T gets injured, Forte runs like Cedric. Then you add those names to a list of Tommie Harris, Tillman, Anderson Afalava, Omiyale who are all banged up. Not the start most fans were expecting.

things are looking tenuous for the bears, no doubt. but that said I can't believe how much the national media is overdoing their bears hate. I suspect it has to do with loving to hate a guy like Cutler, which I understand and am OK with, I just don't agree with their assessments. There are publications saying the bears will score 6 points this week, and others saying to bench Forte in fantasy. Bench the guy most people picked in the top 4 of fantasy leagues? Gimme a break, the guy had a terrible offense last year and was consistent every single week. He had a rough game last week, but I certainly expect the bears to be more committed to the run this week, and for Forte to improve on his numbers from week 1.

In addition, yes cutler had 4 picks last week, but you know what else he did...he threw for 279. Orton threw for more than that only three times last year (334 vs. detroit, 286 at Atl, and 283 against MIN)...so cutler has a terrible game and still accumulated a significant number of yards without utilizing arguably his top targets in his TE and RB. No doubt, the INTs killed Cutler, but they were a career high. To assume this will be a weekly occurrence and that he won't improve from his performance is foolish IMO. The turnovers hurt, but people act like the bears did little on Offense, when in fact, they moved the ball fairly effectively. They also lost the turnover margin 5-0 (counting the fake punt) which typically leads to losses by at least 14. I certainly don't expect to remain that much in the red in TO ratio going forward.

Now there is no doubt the Pitt pass rush is better than the Packers, but their secondary certainly isn't as good (especially without TroyP), so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cutler's numbers are as follows: 19 for 31 250 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT.

Now you can call me a blind optimist, but I honestly don't see the doom and gloom for this team that many media members and other fans do. Right now, do I think we are a playoff team? I honestly don't think we will be, because i think the best we are after week 3 is 1-2, and we will be 2 games back, but I still find it difficult to believe we go under 8-8 on the season, and people certainly are acting like the bears are a BAD team, which just isn't true

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 20, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
As the Packers are about to fall to the Bengals, I am eliminated from my elimination pool.

i was so impressed with the bears D line and the pass rush last week....now im thinking it was more just the packers Oline being horrendous