Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 08:17 AM)
I have to say I was mildly impressed with Chucky in the booth. He was relaxed and didnt play up the growling persona that everyone places on him.

Jaws was pissing me off because he kept telling Chucky he was wrong very blatantly.

Jaws needs to spend less time slobbin on average players and just watch the game.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
MNF Game 1 Regular broadcasters: Good

MNF Game 2 Mike & Mike: f***ing awful

...and when Jaws disagreed with Gruden on what the other coach was going to do, Jaws was right 90% of the time.

I can't stand the lesbian look alike Jaws, and Tirico takes himself way too seriously, so as far as i'm concerned, both crews suck.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
I can't stand the lesbian look alike Jaws, and Tirico takes himself way too seriously, so as far as i'm concerned, both crews suck.

I've never understood the Tirico love myself.

I posted it on Sunday night. I really like Collinsworth on the night game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
I've never understood the Tirico love myself.

I posted it on Sunday night. I really like Collinsworth on the night game.

Yeah, the Michaels/Collinsworth combo is MUCH better than the MNF crews. Tirico sounds like he has the exact same reaction no matter what is happening on the field. Not a fan at all.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
MNF Game 1 Regular broadcasters: Good

MNF Game 2 Mike & Mike: f***ing awful

...and when Jaws disagreed with Gruden on what the other coach was going to do, Jaws was right 90% of the time.

It wasnt so much that he was right or wrong, it was how he was saying it. Gruden doesnt have near the experience in the booth Jaws has, cut the guy a little slack on his first primetime event

What's the feeling of Bears' fans coming into this one with the Steelers?

Is it almost getting to that "must win" stage (although it's way early in the season)?

You certainly don't want to be down 2 games against Minny for instance when you haven't played them yet.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)

Is it almost getting to that "must win" stage (although it's way early in the season)?

You certainly don't want to be down 2 games against Minny for instance when you haven't played them yet.

I think with Cutler throwing 4 picks to our biggest rival and the face of the franchise going down for the year, an emotional "must win" against the defending champs would be a huge confidence booster for the team.

I think I read somewhere that the Steelers are 1-11 at Soldier Field.

I still have enough confidence in the players we have, that anything is possible.

Answers for the Steelers Blitz and not giving Big Ben an extra 5 seconds to throw will be the 2 biggest keys, imo.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
Not sure why Bowman did not start the first game.

I'm not sure why Vasher wasn't outright cut this summer, even with the general and depth issues the Bears have at defensive back. He is just a useless player right now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:17 AM)

I can't speak for others, but my feeling is that in a little over two weeks, the Bears are going to be 0-3 and toast.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm not sure why Vasher wasn't outright cut this summer, even with the general and depth issues the Bears have at defensive back. He is just a useless player right now.

I can't speak for others, but my feeling is that in a little over two weeks, the Bears are going to be 0-3 and toast.

I think they'll be 2-1. It's an emotional game on Sunday being the first home game, and the Seahawks are gonna be without their LT, C, and #1 CB.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
I think they'll be 2-1. It's an emotional game on Sunday being the first home game, and the Seahawks are gonna be without their LT, C, and #1 CB.

I cannot envision any scenario in which they win both games, and I think it would be a surprise if they win either of them.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I cannot envision any scenario in which they win both games, and I think it would be a surprise if they win either of them.

Wow, I have no idea where your coming from... I think we can easily win both games as well as lose both, Pittsburgh has a very shaky secondary without palamalu and seattle really isnt all that good.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Sep 18, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
Wow, I have no idea where your coming from... I think we can easily win both games as well as lose both, Pittsburgh has a very shaky secondary without palamalu and seattle really isnt all that good.

WSF101 always picks to lose and is surprised when (insert team) wins.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)

Beating the Seahawks would be the more likely scenario of the two games. I still don't see Seattle as being a great team, I think they can make the playoffs but they need to have a convincing win this week over the 49ers for me to say the Bears won't beat them, even that really would not matter. Plus like someone noted the Seahawks are banged up injury wise, not that the Bears aren't.

Steelers will certainly be a tough matchup for Chicago and the Bears will need to prove they can win a game without the help of Urlacher.

Should be a good game, of course I'm rooting for the Steelers but this one should come down to the final minutes.

Briggs named a captain, yet he doesn't get to call plays for the defense. It goes to a backup. NFL is weird like that. Sapp was on the NFL network yesterday I think stating that Urlacher's position is not really important in the Cover 2. It's Tommie, Lance, and Aflalava's positions. He basically said, what you got from the MLB, as long as not out of position, is icing on the top, and Urlacher made a ton of cakes(that's my paraphrase). Anyway, what happened to Jamar Williams?

Edited by nitetrain8601