7/5 Sox @ Royals 1:10 WGN

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton Richard (3-1, 4.48): has been nearly lights-out against the Royals this season. Following two scoreless relief appearances in which he allowed 3 hits in 5 innings, Richard got a start against Kansas City. He allowed just 2 runs over 7 innings, while giving up 5 hits, striking out 7, and walking 1. He is 1-1 with a 4.15 ERA in 5 games (2 starts) against Kansas City during his career.

Brian Bannister (5-6, 3.93): was shelled in his only previous outing against the White Sox earlier this season. On May 29th, he gave up 10 hits and 7 earned runs over 5 innings. He is 2-4 with a 8.15 ERA in 10 starts against Chicago during his career, but is 3-3 with a 3.06 ERA in 7 home starts this season.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
Time for Bekham to bat 2nd?

Not yet. Alexei is raking in the 2 hole. Next year, I could see Beckham in the 2 hole while Alexei is in the 6 or 7 spot.'

Nice avatar, BTW.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
Time for Bekham to bat 2nd?

HItting is the one thing Lexi has done consistantly in the last couple of months, I don't want to touch that part. I just want to smack him for his defensive mental vacations.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
HItting is the one thing Lexi has done consistantly in the last couple of months, I don't want to touch that part. I just want to smack him for his defensive mental vacations.

ahhhhhh I could use one of those....

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Is Clayton really getting up to 97mph?

Royals' gun always has been 2-3 MPH fast. I think it dates back to the MacDougal days when he was routinely throwing a legit 97-99...fans love to see that 100-101 on the board, just like Tigers' fans with Zumaya.

Clayton has been a legit 92-95 this season, sometimes touching 96.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Royals' gun always has been 2-3 MPH fast. I think it dates back to the MacDougal days when he was routinely throwing a legit 97-99...fans love to see that 100-101 on the board, just like Tigers' fans with Zumaya.

Clayton has been a legit 92-95 this season, sometimes touching 96.

are you insinuating that Zumaya doesnt hit 100 legitimately, or just that fans love the heat?

I have seen him hit 100 in plenty of parks outside of Comerica

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
I know we always just guess that Harold is too quiet over there....but i want a screamer coaching 1st base next yr

I was going to type that. Seems like there's been a lot of miscommunication on the bases this year.