8/18 - Sox vs. Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
What would you be satisfied with out of Freddy tonight?

If he could go at least 5 innings, and not give up more than 4 runs, well that at least gives us a chance.

That's about it in a nutshell. Hopefully, better than that but it could work. Heck, let's just BOMB the heck outta Meche so that it doesn't matter.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
What would you be satisfied with out of Freddy tonight?

If he could go at least 5 innings, and not give up more than 4 runs, well that at least gives us a chance.

6/4 would be nice. We still have Contreras tomorrow right? We need our long man for tomorrow.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
My predicted line for Freddy tonight:

5 1/3, 1 run, 5 hits, 2 BBs, 5 Ks.

I think its going to be a good debut.

Can't help but to think that number will be higher. Hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
What's the gist?

Stats v. 'nuanced' perspective i guess. The fact that a real leadoff hitter exists makes the team better makes others better. Just the sort of thing B&B hate.

Spiegel got on Bernstein for apparently giggling like a toddler when Pods misplayed the deep fly in Oakland. Bernstein says he has a separate love for the Sox vs. his love of seeing baseball expected things happen/return to the norm. He also says he just loves watching Pods flop around in the OF from a comedic point of view.

They argued about what the future holds for Pods and how misleading his BABIP is this yr

Just all around entertaining. I hope I dont sound like a B&B fanboy. I would not want a beer with either of those guys, but it's entertaining radio. Especially when someone tries to step up against them. Spiegel is clearly overmatched but gives it his all. Kind of like one of their callers if they had 15 min to go at it.

During all this Boers and McNeil pretty much went off mic and vanished.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Stats v. 'nuanced' perspective i guess. The fact that a real leadoff hitter exists makes the team better makes others better. Just the sort of thing B&B hate.

Spiegel got on Bernstein for apparently giggling like a toddler when Pods misplayed the deep fly in Oakland. Bernstein says he has a separate love for the Sox vs. his love of seeing baseball expected things happen/return to the norm. He also says he just loves watching Pods flop around in the OF from a comedic point of view.

They argued about what the future holds for Pods and how misleading his BABIP is this yr

Just all around entertaining. I hope I dont sound like a B&B fanboy. I would not want a beer with either of those guys, but it's entertaining radio. Especially when someone tries to step up against them. Spiegel is clearly overmatched but gives it his all. Kind of like one of their callers if they had 15 min to go at it.

During all this Boers and McNeil pretty much went off mic and vanished.

I love B&B. Way more entertaining than the guys on the other dial.

Lot of righties in the lineup tonight.

Hope we get the bad Meche. I'd love to see a healthy Jimmy in there.

Paul needs to get going. Maybe this shoulda been a Kotsay night. Meche can be nasty.

And no excuses, White Sox. If Freddy sucks and we need to win 10-9, so be it. Meche can be hit a lot easier than Zack.

Edited by greg775