GAMETHREAD:Chicago White Sox(61-59) vs Kansas City Royals(47-72) 1:05

Kyyle23

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
Jose has had 6 starts since the break, all of them either bad or downright awful. We either need to beat up on Cy Young 1 or Seattle has to be up on Cy Young 2 for us not to be 4 games out. With Jose and Freddy facing Boston at Fenway we aren't going to gain any ground there either. The lack of a viable 4th and 5th starter the last month is what will cost us the division.

Why can't Jake Peavy throw 70 pitches for the Sox next week?

It is a rhetorical question by the way.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jose will man up and be more effective than he has been, but will still walk a few. He'll be done after 6. Bullpen will step in and do their thing...the good thing that is. The offense will touch up Greinke a bit. Sox win a close one 4-3.

How old is this guy? Will he at least do well through the first 2 or 3 innings? Hopefully so.

I was hoping that the White Sox would bring up Hudson for this game, then pitch him again on regular rest 8/24 against Boston. Then the Sox could pick their poison between Freddy and Jose for the next game rather than having to throw them both in Fenway.

Contreras.jpg

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
How old is this guy? Will he at least do well through the first 2 or 3 innings? Hopefully so.

I was hoping that the White Sox would bring up Hudson for this game, then pitch him again on regular rest 8/24 against Boston. Then the Sox could pick their poison between Freddy and Jose for the next game rather than having to throw them both in Fenway.

Yep, though today could be Jose's last stand.

I believe Huddy is going today for Charlotte, and it could be his final audition.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
If you feel that way, go to Vegas, cause I'm sure the odds are stacked in your favor. This seems like an un-winnable game, but I hope I'm wrong :)

The Royals are probably actually a pretty good value bet this afternoon....the White Sox are only +115 or so today...

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
The lack of a viable 4th and 5th starter the last month is what will cost us the division.

As will the lack of a reliable bullpen and the lack of a lineup that can consistently hit with RISP.