Alex Rios

JohnCangelosi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get scared? He's making $9.7M next year. He's looked absolutely horrible, almost as if he has no chance out there. Tell me I am being an alarmist and he's going to come back to form next year...

He deserves a D for what he did in Chicago this year offensively.

As far as next year?

He deserves a clean slate to start next season. At least we've heard nothing about him having a bad attitude or being lazy so far. That's a good sign.

Hopefully he'll have a good spring, impressing Oz and Kenny and not stagger into the season with no confidence.

He's making a lot of money and will need to produce or he'll likely be the target of boo birds.

Hopefully at the plate he won't resemble the guy we saw make out after out this year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 06:34 PM)
He deserves a D for what he did in Chicago this year offensively.

As far as next year?

He deserves a clean slate to start next season. At least we've heard nothing about him having a bad attitude or being lazy so far. That's a good sign.

Hopefully he'll have a good spring, impressing Oz and Kenny and not stagger into the season with no confidence.

He's making a lot of money and will need to produce or he'll likely be the target of boo birds.

Hopefully at the plate he won't resemble the guy we saw make out after out this year.

Good post and I agree.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
I think he means that Hawk dances around the Rios topic as he discusses the greatest pennant race in Major League history and the effect it had on the Red Sox organization.

I don't know...

The sentence looked to me like he was meaning to use "allude", which means "hints about."

He is the most talented player on the roster. Including Beckham.

He's had a very bad streak at the plate, but has been very good with the rest of the game. When he comes out of his slump he will be the best hitter, the best fielder, the best runner and the best thrower on the team. This guy can really play.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Last 8 games, he's hitting .260 with an .873 OPS.

His swing finally got cleaned up. It went from being a couple different stages, to just being long. Rios can hit with a long swing, but it is a much easier thing to fix than that funky two plane swing he had going before.

I think Rios rebounds to his norms next year with a lot less pressure on him. Let's face it, the Sox will probably have zero expectations nationally and locally next year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:51 PM)
I think Rios rebounds to his norms next year with a lot less pressure on him. Let's face it, the Sox will probably have zero expectations nationally and locally next year.

He's the Javy Vazquez of hitters huh? Nice goin' KW! :crying

He's looked better recently, which gives me some semblance of slight hope. And I have to disagree with you SS2K5 on expectations next year, there are going to be expectations with our pitching rotation and the division we're in. Maybe not sky high expectations, but expectations nonetheless.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 06:42 PM)
He's looked better recently, which gives me some semblance of slight hope. And I have to disagree with you SS2K5 on expectations next year, there are going to be expectations with our pitching rotation and the division we're in. Maybe not sky high expectations, but expectations nonetheless.

The Experts always pick Cleveland, Minny, or Detroit. It'll probably be Minny and Detroit, between Cabrera/Verlander and Morneau/Mauer, the bigger names are in the other cities. Someone will always pick the royals. BP will project us to finish with 75 wins because it'll expect we'll have a terrible offense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:47 PM)
The Experts always pick Cleveland, Minny, or Detroit. It'll probably be Minny and Detroit, between Cabrera/Verlander and Morneau/Mauer, the bigger names are in the other cities. Someone will always pick the royals. BP will project us to finish with 75 wins because it'll expect we'll have a terrible offense.

Even the "experts" are going to have a hard time picking Slowey-Blackburn-Baker-???-??? or Verlander-Jackson-Porcello-???-??? over Peavy-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks-Garcia.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Even the "experts" are going to have a hard time picking Slowey-Blackburn-Baker-???-??? or Verlander-Jackson-Porcello-???-??? over Peavy-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks-Garcia.

Never underestimate Minnesota. They proved that time and time again. BTW, I think Liriano will explode next year. He'll be two years removed from TJ, which is when more often than not pitchers get much, much better.

And again things change in the offseason with acquisitions and such. No doubt though we wont be picked first which is better for us anyways.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)

Yes, but we're always picked to be crap.