Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
I'm going through the process of applying for jobs. ugh. Cover letters... resumes... I;ve never had to do this before. I got lucky and had a job right out of college that I didnt have to apply for. yea, I'm spoiled, but now I'm creating a resume and cover letter from scratch.

You should be able to find some decent ones online using google. You could probably find a few good ones that match your current role. Just mix and match certain elements you find into a single document. And it never hurts to have friends proofread it when you're done and give you some feedback.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
You should be able to find some decent ones online using google. You could probably find a few good ones that match your current role. Just mix and match certain elements you find into a single document. And it never hurts to have friends proofread it when you're done and give you some feedback.

My wife is my copy editor. So, she's basically writing the cover letter for me. lol Thanks for the idea though, i did find a nice template that I like :)

If I have have to send out some sort of an official letter or email, it goes through my wife first. she cleans it up, and away it goes. :)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Back in the states, heading home from my Galapagos adventures. What an unbelievable place!

Glad to see y'all didn't wreck the joint while I was gone.

I'd like to hear about your trip if you get some time.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
I'll be more than happy to oblige you. I think I'll start a trip photo thread in a day or two once I've had a chance to catch my breath.

That would be awesome. I couldn't imagine what you saw and would like to learn more about that place - you might quite possibly could be the best tour guide of anyone.

WEEEEE!! We get a documentary from Flaxx! I'm actually kind of fired up for this one...

:notworthy :headbang

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
That would be awesome. I couldn't imagine what you saw and would like to learn more about that place - you might quite possibly could be the best tour guide of anyone.

WEEEEE!! We get a documentary from Flaxx! I'm actually kind of fired up for this one...

:notworthy :headbang

Me as well. I would love to visit the Galapagos one day so info/pics of your trip would be very cool.

There was a Back to the Future marathon on G4 yesterday, and I learned a few things:

• I am only 5 more years away from being able to hover convert my car!!
  • The Cubs only have to wait 5 more years to win the World Series
  • Faxing will be very popular in 2015
  • Our house will have a network of Dot-Matrix printers
Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:11 PM)
There might not be anything worse than having puking kids, while puking in between cleaning up the kids puke.

Let's just say this weekend was a wasted weekend.

I believe I understand the reasoning behind the puking.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
Were there dragons out there, Flaxx?

Indeed there were dragons. Both land and sea variety.

Here's the land variety from North Seymour in the central islands.

galand_iguana_north_seymour.jpg

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

The marine iguanas that are there snort out excess salt. I just happened to watch a BBC documentary on Galapagos a couple of days ago. It was pretty sweet. Going there would be one of my dreams, to walk in the islands that contributed so much to biology and our understanding of life.

Edited by NIUSox

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
The marine iguanas that are there snort out excess salt. I just happened to watch a BBC documentary on Galapagos a couple of days ago. It was pretty sweet. Going there would be one of my dreams, to walk in the islands that contributed so much to biology and our understanding of life.

I caught some excellent up-close video of the marine iguanas snorting their briny snot. I'll get it up on YouTube over the next couple days/weeks and post a link.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Call the local junk yards and auto salvage places. I had a dead starter on my 2001 Saturn replaced with a salvaged starter for 1/4 the cost of a new unit.

Eh, it's a 1996. I'd rather just have a new or rebuilt one to save the hassle in the future.