April 7th Game Thread vs Cleveland

This would be a bad game to get rained out. They pretty much would have to play a day/nighter on June 4. Good day to turn over the 5th starter to Hudson, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Edited by flavum

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 7 lifetime AB's Kotsay is batting .429 against Carmona. Jones is 0-3 with 2 K's. These are alarmingly small sample sizes, but large enough to justify not playing Jones here. He still shouldn't be hitting 5th.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
In 8 lifetime AB's Kotsay is batting .429 against Carmona. Jones is 0-3 with 2 K's. These are alarmingly small sample sizes, but large enough to justify not playing Jones here. He still shouldn't be hitting 5th.

youre right. with those numbers i'd say 4th is more appropriate

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Kotsay hitting 5th again. Ugh

I really hope Ozzie does not become stubborn with this, and don't get me wrong, I realize this is WAY to early for me to be in a panic or anything over this, but I just remember him rolling out Mackoviak (I know that's a poor attempt at spelling Rob's last name!) to CF over and over when it was obvious he had no business playing CF. Again, it's only the 2nd game and I haven't seen personal splits of the players.

EDIT: OK, saw the small sample size splits Thunderbolt posted, makes sense to have Kotsay in there I guess, but I agree, not in the 5 spot... hopefully Rios has a good year and they can slot him in there.

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
You guys make it seem like Quentin is made out of glass.

He really is a player I analyze every move he makes, especially after sliding or something like that, his track record worries me a little.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I really hope Ozzie does not become stubborn with this, and don't get me wrong, I realize this is WAY to early for me to be in a panic or anything over this, but I just remember him rolling out Mackoviak (I know that's a poor attempt at spelling Rob's last name!) to CF over and over when it was obvious he had no business playing CF. Again, it's only the 2nd game and I haven't seen personal splits of the players.

I think in the Mackowiak case there was not what he felt was a good option. If Kotsay is not getting the job done there are plenty of DH options. The Sox other than Anderson had no other CF options.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
In 8 lifetime AB's Kotsay is batting .429 against Carmona. Jones is 0-3 with 2 K's. These are alarmingly small sample sizes, but large enough to justify not playing Jones here. He still shouldn't be hitting 5th.

How do you bat .429 in 8 at-bats?

Kotsay should be on the bench, or at least batting no higher than 7th. I don't have any problem with the guy, I'm just pissed he was put into this position.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)

Kotsay should be on the bench, or at least batting no higher than 7th. I don't have any problem with the guy, I'm just pissed he was put into this position.

Good call. 7 AB's, 8's PA's. He walked once.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)

in his 5th AB he shattered his bat to the handle, but got a hit. So they rewarded him with .71 percent of a hit