4/12 GT: Sox @ Blue Jays, Peavy vs. Tallet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
Rios in CF and Jones in Lf. As it should be. Thank you, Ozzie.

Ozzie's going to play the left/right game, until he realizes he hasn't got the kind of horses to be successful at it. The last time I saw that work real well was when Weaver was managing the O's and he had four outfielders, real outfielders, not infielders masquerading as such, two lefties and two righties, all hitting in the .280's at least, and contact hitters. Worked very well for then, in the low 1980's, when pitching was still 80% of the game.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Neither can hit. Maybe Andruw can carry some momentum from his PH yesterday.

I disagree. I would actually say the way Rios has been hitting the ball has been one of the few bright spots of the offense. He seems to always be hitting the ball hard. I know he's only hitting .174, but he has looked so much better than last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
That is because Mondays suck, and playing in Toronto sucks.

I HATE watching games on TV from Rogers Centre and Tropicana. Just comes off as so dull.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
I disagree. I would actually say the way Rios has been hitting the ball has been one of the few bright spots of the offense. He seems to always be hitting the ball hard. I know he's only hitting .174, but he has looked so much better than last year.

He hit the ball hard a couple times against the Indians. Since then he's looked terrible. Just like last year.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
He hit the ball hard a couple times against the Indians. Since then he's looked terrible. Just like last year.

He looked bad yesterday. He drove in 2 runs on Friday.

Watching the Twins game, that ballpark is going to eat our right-handed hitters alive. Ball flies out of right field with little to no effort. Kubel just hit a flyball out of the park over the RF wall, and the ball looked like it could've just kept going if it weren't for the 300 foot stadium seats

We neeeeeeed AGon

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
Watching the Twins game, that ballpark is going to eat our right-handed hitters alive. Ball flies out of right field with little to no effort. Kubel just hit a flyball out of the park over the RF wall, and the ball looked like it could've just kept going if it weren't for the 300 foot stadium seats

We neeeeeeed AGon

Well they built the ballpark to their team...wide open left and left center and a short porch to RF. Their power is mostly all left handed go figure.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)

This is ridiculous. weren't you saying earlier the bullpen was bad? The one that's been good?

I didn't see most of yesterday, but every other game I've watched, and Rios has looked a world better than last year. Are you just going by the week's worth of stats?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 05:10 PM)
This is ridiculous. weren't you saying earlier the bullpen was bad? The one that's been good?

I didn't see most of yesterday, but every other game I've watched, and Rios has looked a world better than last year. Are you just going by the week's worth of stats?

The bullpen has blown a save or a hold in 2 of our 6 games. Now while our hitting has been super awful, that is not good at all.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 12, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
I guess there is a lot of booing Alex going on already (Rios)

Ozzie rips Toronto, while ripping Cleveland (for booing Jim Thome over time) and Chicago media host.

per Gonzales, Cowley

I hate whenever this issue comes up with any player when they face a team they previously played for. It's just so annoying, the same damn talking points brought up again and again. Always the, "How will the fans react?" questions, followed by the inevitable angry poster who can't stand that someone would boo an opposing player.

Personally, I really don't care, and in fact, hope for whatever reaction irritates the most people.

I think this issue personally annoys me more than any other because it just....doesn't....matter. For anything. When I see a tear streaming down the cheek of a player when a fan base boos him, then I may change my opinion.

Edited by Flash Tizzle