Peavy Done for Year; Marquez Up

knightni

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
I honestly think we still need a bat more even if Peavy is out for a while. Our pitching is that good and our hitting is that bad.

This is terrible news. But I agree, getting a bat is more important than getting Cliff Lee.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
I honestly think we still need a bat more even if Peavy is out for a while. Our pitching is that good and our hitting is that bad.

Our best trading chip is gonna have to take Peavy's rotation spot, so that could hurt our odds to get a bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
No thanks on Lee, we'd still have holes in our offense and then no prayer of extending Lee. I think Hudson can be a decent #5 starter.

Exactly, I think Hudson will be fine as a #5. Honestly, I think the key is Garcia. If he can continue to pitch well, we'll be fine.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:39 PM)
Buster_ESPN: Heard this: The Lee trade talks are "heating up" according to a source with some teams interested in adding the lefty ASAP.

This was minutes after Jake went down. How quick is Kenny?

Ok semi-serious but maybe?

I saw this too, and I thought about it, but decided it was a complete coincidence. He tweeted it 8 minutes after Peavy got hurt.. probably took him at least 2 to type it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Allow me to pose this very pessimistic question (I know, surprising): How deflating would it be to lose Peavy for the season after doing so much in the last three weeks to climb right into the thick of things?

That's just depressing to even think about.

Especially with Clayton Richard pitching so well.