Daniel Hudson watch thread

fathom

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Daniel Hudson looking good so far for Arizona. 28 strikes, 13 calls thru 3 innings.

We're gonna regret that trade when Hudson ends up with similar numbers to EJax and were stuck with the price tag.

I know the inevitable "how do YOU know how much Arizona wanted?" response will come to this point, but it's just a shame we gave up Hudson for Edwin Jackson. I find it almost impossible to believe that the price for him was that steep. Then again, I still don't think Huddy would have been anything more than a rotation filler 4th or 5th guy in the AL. Maybe the NL will make him look a lot better like it has so many other pitchers though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
I know the inevitable "how do YOU know how much Arizona wanted?" response will come to this point, but it's just a shame we gave up Hudson for Edwin Jackson. I find it almost impossible to believe that the price for him was that steep. Then again, I still don't think Huddy would have been anything more than a rotation filler 4th or 5th guy in the AL. Maybe the NL will make him look a lot better like it has so many other pitchers though.

I blame Mike Rizzo for driving his price up.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
AL vs. NL.

Hitters park vs. Pitchers park.

Let's all relax a bit before putting Hudson in the Hall of Fame.

Ya it's only one start. I remember seeing the same things with John Ely when he had his hot start, who I was never a fan of cause of limited upside (though I hate Juan Pierre also so I didn't mind people hating on the trade), but I will root for him cause he is a sox fan. With that said though, I was one of Huddy's biggest fans since he was drafted out of Old Dominion. Didn't like the trade, but am willing to see what EJax can do with us. I will be rooting for Huddy for sure.

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
AL vs. NL.

Hitters park vs. Pitchers park.

Let's all relax a bit before putting Hudson in the Hall of Fame.

No one is putting him on a pedestal. All people are saying is that his start was good and the trade was bad. One of which is fact. The other is opinion that people are worried will soon be supported by facts.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:37 PM)
I blame Mike Rizzo for driving his price up.

And i blame KW for not working out a three-way deal in advance of making the trade. I hate this deal with a passion. It would be different if we moved Hudson for a piece instead of a project. And throwing in Holmberg too? Overkill.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
And i blame KW for not working out a three-way deal in advance of making the trade. I hate this deal with a passion. It would be different if we moved Hudson for a piece instead of a project. And throwing in Holmberg too? Overkill.

Why do you assume so heavily that there ever was a three-way deal even talked about...I think that is more assumption from the media than reality...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
Why do you assume so heavily that there ever was a three-way deal even talked about...I think that is more assumption from the media than reality...

The Sox made Edwin Jackson wait in a hotel room instead of coming to the ballpark till 3:00 ET while Kenny worked the phones. The Sox were clearly making efforts to move him.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
The Sox made Edwin Jackson wait in a hotel room instead of coming to the ballpark till 3:00 ET while Kenny worked the phones. The Sox were clearly making efforts to move him.

I agree with that, but I don't think there was ever a three-way deal actually discussed between Rizzo and KW before Kenny acquired him.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)

Good. I hope Edwin plays with a chip on his shoulder now trying to prove to Kenny that it is a GOOD thing that they couldn't work out a deal to trade away EJax.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
Good. I hope Edwin plays with a chip on his shoulder now trying to prove to Kenny that it is a GOOD thing that they couldn't work out a deal to trade away EJax.

He's had a "chip on his shoulder" for the past 4+ years now. But hey, maybe the 5th team in 4 years is the lucky charm for him... (and some Don Cooper)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Umm what? Chase Field is NOT a pitchers park....

This game was played in Citi Field in NYC, which is a pitcher's park.

OTOH...we can kinda make the "going to a stronger league and to an even better power hitter's park" argument for why Jackson isn't going to improve.