Official Squared Circle Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Well I had a blast, crowd was amazing. I also thought Punk/Jericho was fantastic but I guess I'm alone on that one.

And was I THAT drunk or did they try to pull off the double turn with Ziggler/Del-Rio?

That's how it felt to me.

I'm torn on Ziggler. I like watching him sell but his promos are repetitive and sound scripted.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
Well I had a blast, crowd was amazing. I also thought Punk/Jericho was fantastic but I guess I'm alone on that one.

And was I THAT drunk or did they try to pull off the double turn with Ziggler/Del-Rio?

That's what everyone seems to think, I personally didn't see it that way. I thought he was just trying to get over with the Chicago crowd.

Random storyline I thought up....Wouldn't it be pretty rad if RVD came back as a Heyman guy and this pisses Punk off because RVD is a stoner...Setting up a Punk RVD fued....If the PG WWE can even talk about pot extensively I think it would set up for some good mic work from punk. Like his wrestlerave promo years ago when he was fueding with Raven in ROH.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 03:53 AM)
Good Raw.

Brock/Punk makes sense but I'd hold off until SummerSlam.

Ya, I'm pretty excited for Punk/Brunk but that should definitely be a summerslam match.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
Was going to tune into watch Mark Henry retire but apparently just a work?

Yup and a pretty good one at that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
Any word on Daniel Bryan? Very odd ending between him and Orton last night, it looked like he was legit hurt the way him and Orton reacted when the match was called

I read it's a work, they're really putting over this concussion angle.

Other random thoughts: Cesaro-Zeb is so money, I hope this gives Cesaro the push he really deserves.

And I'm so in love with AJ. The end.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
Any word on Daniel Bryan? Very odd ending between him and Orton last night, it looked like he was legit hurt the way him and Orton reacted when the match was called

The finish was not scripted...

Last night on Raw Randy Orton defeated Daniel Bryan after the referee stopped the match when Bryan appeared to be injured during the match. That finish was reportedly a legit finish; the scripted finish involved Bryan cleanly pinning Orton to continue his push, however Bryan suffered a stinger as he dove to the outside.

After Bryan went backstage, he reportedly got "irate" and stood up to Triple H, arguing that the match shouldn't have been stopped. The argument got heated and went down in the gorilla position, with several witnesses. People were said to be shocked by the argument because of how soft-spoken and easy-going Bryan usually is, especially considering the fact that he was standing up to Triple H.

Bryan's argument was that he's worked all over the world and worked hurt, so he knows when he can finish out a match. Triple H countered that they were protecting Bryan and didn't want anyone hurt. The two eventually apologized to each other and Bryan is backstage at Smackdown tonight, where he will face Dean Ambrose as scheduled.

Credit: PWInsider

Rumors starting to leak that Sting is sending feelers out to WWE for a run, presumably leading to a wrestlemania vs Undertaker.

What camp are you in, "way too late for this s***" or "f*** it, im watching this I dont care how old they are"

or both?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Rumors starting to leak that Sting is sending feelers out to WWE for a run, presumably leading to a wrestlemania vs Undertaker.

What camp are you in, "way too late for this s***" or "f*** it, im watching this I dont care how old they are"

or both?

Both. It's late but seeing Sting in the ring for mania would be really cool.

Meh, it depends what they do with Sting leading up to Mania. I don't really wanna see him bury younger talent or take up a ton of TV time week in and week out. I also don't expect much in terms of match quality but growing up these 2 were my favorites so from a sentimental stand point I'll take it.

If they work this whole Sting came to do 1 thing and that was to take down the Undertaker at wrestlemania angle, and that's literally the only thing he does then I'm cool with it.

I don't watch TNA so I don't really know how good Sting is in the ring these days so maybe my opinion changes if I see that Sting can "still go". He still wrestles somewhat regularly there right?

Apparently Sting has been heavily featured in a lot of promos recently. I havent been watching as much as usual, but from what I have read it has been even more prominent at shows

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)
CM Punk went to my high school (Lockport Township High School). I am pretty sure he still has a house in the area. Maybe I have seen this woman around. Hmmm.....

Stop it! He grew up in CHICAGO! Not Lockport...oh...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 12:03 PM)
Haha I haven't followed wrestling in years. is this something they say for his character? That he's from Chicago?

Shoves it down everyone's throat. He technically lives in Chicago now though, so whatever.

He also went to Homer Jr. High, he is a year younger than me, and I knew him throughout his younger school days. Never was a close friend, but we were friendly with each other (I think we had a study hall class together) way back then. Never knew who he became until I looked up his wikipedia and read his real name, I was like, I know him. =)