2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
That's what Mad Men is.

Not really. It is one of the most critically acclaimed shows out there. If you don't like it or get it, fine. But to call something like Mad Men "idiotic" is just that.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 06:07 AM)
Not really. It is one of the most critically acclaimed shows out there. If you don't like it or get it, fine. But to call something like Mad Men "idiotic" is just that.

Ha. I just said that as a really lame insult to Bmags. I don't actually think Mad Men is idiotic. Just really boring. I've only seen the first season and have heard it gets really good in season three.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
It's soooooooooooooooooo boringgggggggggggggggggggggggg

+1. The main problem is that just about every character sucks incredibly hard. There is no development. Development would mean that we're getting to see more out of a character, not the same f***ing thing over and over and over again. I'm at the point where 3/4's of this group should be eaten by walkers so I don't have to listen to them whine anymore. Rick's wife? Not since Kate from Lost have I hated a character as much. Any scene she's in I automatically tune out. Any scene she's in with Rick and I want to throw my controller through the TV. Maybe if they didn't devote 15 minutes of every show since about episode 3 (whenever they reunited) to the "omg is he going to find out! omg life sucks/is so hard right now!" conversation, some of these important conversations would be interesting. All I hear is "whine whine whine whine whine whine, over-act, over-act, over-act." It's too bad she didn't choke to death on some of those morning after pills.

The whole barn thing really annoyed me too. Is that the best way to reveal that? Have Dale go in all chest pumped out talking about how dumb it is for Herschel to keep all those non-humans in there. Oh what's that? You have family in there? Oh gawd. I'm so sorry. I didn't....I didn't know. WHAT?! What the f*** did you think he was doing? Rounding up zombies for the fun of it? Ugh.

I'm ready for a new set piece. For the love of God can we please move to a different town. Do SOMETHING different. Funny that the whole goal here was to get to that Fort Benning or wherever, but in this episode they actually debated having to leave. What? Why?

Also, day 5-6 (at least) of Sophia missing. They just gonna drag that out all season? The longer this goes the more implausible it gets (kinda like Shane/Andrea getting a "lead" on a house she might be in....which is one of MANY houses in a subdivision. WHAT THE f***, HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
(kinda like Shane/Andrea getting a "lead" on a house she might be in....which is one of MANY houses in a subdivision. WHAT THE f***, HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE?)

lol. The subdivision has like 50 houses. Drive your car around and yell her name. If any walkers come after you, it's ok: YOU'RE IN A CAR.

Nah, let's get out and explore ONE house. She's not here.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 09:12 AM)
lol. The subdivision has like 50 houses. Drive your car around and yell her name. If any walkers come after you, it's ok: YOU'RE IN A CAR.

Nah, let's get out and explore ONE house. She's not here.

As stupid as this s*** parade of a show is, does anyone think Shane did all that knowing the area was infested with zombies in order to teach Andrea how to shoot?

Also, f*** Dale. Really, dude? You want this dude who continually saves your ass and puts his neck on the line to peace out because he f***ed Andrea? What is Dale's purpose? I f***ing abhor that guy. I did like Shane's little speech to him. It reminded me of Lucious Fox's speech to the guy who tried to blackmail Batman in The Dark Knight.

But yes, the Walking Dead is stupid. Also, I like how Lori just happens to know the baby is Rick's. How convenient. I've always hated that b****... I was so happy when her head was in a box in Prison Break, and then they brought the character back to life explaining fake head. F*ck that actress, and f*ck the Walking Dead.

Homeland was tits this week. It's feeling VERY 24 now (however, more realistic/believable). I hope they find some way to keep Brody around if they plan a 2nd season.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
As stupid as this s*** parade of a show is, does anyone think Shane did all that knowing the area was infested with zombies in order to teach Andrea how to shoot?

Also, f*** Dale. Really, dude? You want this dude who continually saves your ass and puts his neck on the line to peace out because he f***ed Andrea? What is Dale's purpose? I f***ing abhor that guy. I did like Shane's little speech to him. It reminded me of Lucious Fox's speech to the guy who tried to blackmail Batman in The Dark Knight.

But yes, the Walking Dead is stupid. Also, I like how Lori just happens to know the baby is Rick's. How convenient. I've always hated that b****... I was so happy when her head was in a box in Prison Break, and then they brought the character back to life explaining fake head. F*ck that actress, and f*ck the Walking Dead.

Homeland was tits this week. It's feeling VERY 24 now (however, more realistic/believable). I hope they find some way to keep Brody around if they plan a 2nd season.

Explain this. When has Shane really put his neck on the line (when nobody else has, at least)? And Dale is obviously mad because he likes Andrea and he knows Shane f***ed her. That seems pretty obvious.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Also, why are we feeding the zombies chicken? We've seen no evidence so far that the zombies just die for good if they don't have living flesh to eat.

I also wondered about this. It's this s*** that really holds the show back. It's like the writers are so geeked to write about Rick and his wife crying to each other that they forget about the "rules" of a zombie apocalypse and assume the audience will just gloss over it. "Feeding them chickens? Oh yeah, that makes sense. Make sure to break their legs too so they can't flop around. God knows in this show zombies move at a snails pace and NEVER grab at something quickly in an attempt to eat them."

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
Having little screen time, Manny Horvitz is already the best character on that show.

Yep, agree. I can't wait to see what his response is going to be.

I liked the scene with Jimmy at the fight too. He's starting to get paranoid. Tough to be the new king in town.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Yep, agree. I can't wait to see what his response is going to be.

I liked the scene with Jimmy at the fight too. He's starting to get paranoid. Tough to be the new king in town.

His reign clearly won't last long. I know they won't do it, but I'd love to see Manny kill him. Jimmy has turned into a real douche about the money he owes to Manny, among other things.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
His reign clearly won't last long. I know they won't do it, but I'd love to see Manny kill him. Jimmy has turned into a real douche about the money he owes to Manny, among other things.

Yeah I didn't/still don't understand that. Is 5k really that much money? Jimmy begged him for business days/weeks before, and now he's so upset and annoyed about being asked about it that he puts a hit on him? Ehhhh.

Also re the Walking Dead, a must read after each show:

http://videogum.com/419182/the-walking-dea...nked/tv/recaps/

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
I also wondered about this. It's this s*** that really holds the show back. It's like the writers are so geeked to write about Rick and his wife crying to each other that they forget about the "rules" of a zombie apocalypse and assume the audience will just gloss over it. "Feeding them chickens? Oh yeah, that makes sense. Make sure to break their legs too so they can't flop around. God knows in this show zombies move at a snails pace and NEVER grab at something quickly in an attempt to eat them."

Zombies are fed by certain people in the graphic novel, it doesn't make sense to most people but it does to them, because it's still family to them (and Im not just talking about Hershel's group).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Yeah I didn't/still don't understand that. Is 5k really that much money? Jimmy begged him for business days/weeks before, and now he's so upset and annoyed about being asked about it that he puts a hit on him? Ehhhh.

Also re the Walking Dead, a must read after each show:

http://videogum.com/419182/the-walking-dea...nked/tv/recaps/

I think Jimmy sees it as more of a respect thing. He's now the boss, and he feels like people need to bend to his will. I don't think he had the money (or whiskey) when Manny first asked for it, but now that he does, he doesn't want to look like he's scared of Manny. It's childish, but he's a child.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 22, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)

Well to be fair Andrea becomes the best shooter in the graphic novel, so at some point somebody at to push her to becoming that good.

Shane should die already, I think it'd be best for the storyline. The show needs some new actors/characters to be introduced.

And agreed on Lori, I find her very ugly to go along with her bad acting/bad character.

And Homeland was orgasmic, that show is a perfect example of how you build characters, get the audience to feel for them, and still have a great plot line going.