4/6/11 - Sox vs. Royals - 1:10 (CSN)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is depressing...and the Rays started off so cold, you know they'll be ready for us, their style of play mirrors the Angels and Ozzie usually gets really obsessed with trying to outmanage and out-smallball.

Yes, only 3% of the season, I know, I know, but some of the fundamentals mistakes repeating year after year makes you wonder.

I'm sure an Ozzie/Cora "baserunning" in-season mini-camp isn't far away if this continues. Which will have virtually no long-term effect on the overall quality of play. I guess the team will get a pass for 10 days with Dunn out by some, but it's so important that we start off decently to have any significant walk-up support in April and May. .500 won't do it. 24-8 is expecting too much, but 18-14 isn't going to get anyone very excited.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
This is depressing...and the Rays started off so cold, you know they'll be ready for us, their style of play mirrors the Angels and Ozzie usually gets really obsessed with trying to outmanage and out-smallball.

Yes, only 3% of the season, I know, I know, but some of the fundamentals mistakes repeating year after year makes you wonder.

I'm sure an Ozzie/Cora "baserunning" in-season mini-camp isn't far away if this continues. Which will have virtually no long-term effect on the overall quality of play. I guess the team will get a pass for 10 days with Dunn out by some, but it's so important that we start off decently to have any significant walk-up support in April and May. .500 won't do it. 24-8 is expecting too much, but 18-14 isn't going to get anyone very excited.

I'll take 18-14 to start the year, especially with no Peavy, Dunn being out a week, and a bullpen that has no rhyme or reason right now.

That was an impressive inning.

How long will the bunt into the triple play hangover last. Can one stupid managerial decision in the third game of the season change the complexion of a team's season?

They are not taking the up the middle approach that they had against Carmona any longer.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
That was an impressive inning.

How long will the bunt into the triple play hangover last. Can one stupid managerial decision in the third game of the season change the complexion of a team's season?

They are not taking the up the middle approach that they had against Carmona any longer.

LOL we scored 6 runs yesterday. If the offense has to score 6+ runs everyday we're not going to win much this year.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I think the pen will figure it out, don't you?

No idea what to expect from Sale...Santos looked great last night, but he needs to keep up the consistency and not hit the wall like he did last year.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
If we lose today, that's 2-3 vs Cleveland and KC...new year, same old s***.

We could be 0-5, and it wouldn't change the outcome for the season. Doesn't matter who you beat or lose to right now, IMO.