Ozzie or Kenny?

southsider2k5

Who would return if you had to pick one?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who would return if you had to pick one, Ozzie or Kenny?

• Ozzie
    • Kenny

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
I'm waiting for someone to show me more than 1 or 2 people proclaiming Dunn would hit .176 as a Sox player. And I'm sure if I knew any scouts or sports writers, I could get them to confirm that those 1 or 2 people would be crazy for thinking that. It simply wasn't a realistic prediction, I'm not sure how you can even refute that.

What are you talking about? You said that nobody saw it coming and then you were provided with proof that some people did. Admit you were wrong and that's it.

Edited by Milkman delivers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
I'd still rather keep Kenny than Ozzie. Ozzie's been nothing but problems the last few years, a lot of it having to do with his f***ing family being interjected into his job as the Sox manager. The two things should've never be allowed to overlap, something Jerry should've put his foot down over years ago.

Kenny's worst acquisition (and one that I actually supported) is probably Rios, as at the time I wasn't aware of his lackadaisical effort, "I'll play hard when I feel like it" mentality.. I just thought he was an all star outfielder who can hit about .280..

I wanted Peavy as did about 95% of the posters on this site, and being unaware of any arm injuries beyond a brief DL stint in SD for elbow soreness (which MRI's showed no damage..), I didn't have any beef with that acquisition and I was really excited about it. And when he's actually been able to pitch for us, he's been pretty damn good..

Crain was a good signing, and Dunn was a good signing (though the red flags were there, like moving to a new league playing a new position (read: Waiting in Dugout with bat in-hand)), nobody predicted this would happen.. NOBODY. So you can't use hindsight with the Dunn signing, because what's happening now (even with the red flags) was simply not predicted by anyone to happen

Getting Alexei, Viciedo.. two guys who weren't coveted by anybody in the majors... well, those are pretty obvious to me at this point to be great signs, nobody can argue that

Ramirez, definitely.

Viciedo, not so much. He had scouts from about 20-25 different major league teams for his showcases. There were many articles (Jeff Passan specifically) written about where he would sign, the dollars involved, the odds of the White Sox getting him because of Torres as his agent and our already-existing Cuban Connection with Alexei, Contreras and El Duque in the recent past.

You can give him credit for writing the biggest check, but I'm pretty sure it was the most expensive Latin American free agent signing in history.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
What are you talking about? You said that nobody saw it coming and then you were provided with proof that some people did. Admit you were wrong and that's it.

It was pretty clear as to what I meant when I said it. Sorry if it flew over your head, and just to clarify, I meant people 'in the biz', i.e. whose opinions matter on a broader scale than some random fan on a Sox message board

How many people on here post horrible predictions that end up being incorrect? I'm sure the same people that said Dunn would flop.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
It was pretty clear as to what I meant when I said it. Sorry if it flew over your head, and just to clarify, I meant people 'in the biz', i.e. whose opinions matter on a broader scale than some random fan on a Sox message board

How many people on here post horrible predictions that end up being incorrect? I'm sure the same people that said Dunn would flop.

LOL OK, it flew over my head apparently. Next time, you might want to clarify what you mean so that it doesn't have to fly over the heads of dumber people. Instead of just asking for a link to someone saying it, say that you want a link to a writer or something. Of course you can just continue changing your request after the fact when proven wrong.

I'm waiting for someone to show me more than 1 or 2 people proclaiming Dunn would hit .176 as a Sox player. And I'm sure if I knew any scouts or sports writers, I could get them to confirm that those 1 or 2 people would be crazy for thinking that. It simply wasn't a realistic prediction, I'm not sure how you can even refute that.

I wish I knew what I said when we signed him. No way I'm goin thru 50 pages of responses to find my remark. I think I gave it a thumbs up.

QUOTE (VAfan @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
I would ask anyone who has posted here to name the replacement for Ozzie or KW that is currently available, and then explain why that person is better and would clearly improve the Sox. It's easy to say "blow it up." It's much harder to figure out how to put it together again.

Ok, so to replace Ozzie how about Art Howe or Ken Macha. Really at this point it's not a question of weather or not Ozzie has the ability to make this a winning team. I just would like to see how someone else would look at this team. It might be subtle changes that Ozzie just might not see.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
It just further solidifies that he's an idiot....to me at least.

That's if you think he means 25 guys hitting .250 and playing horrible defense.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he means work ethic.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)

I won't. I truly believe Ozzie has below average intelligence and is fortunate you don't have to have above average intelligence to be a player, manager or somehow involved in the game of baseball. It's to the point now that I cheer against Pierre, even if it means him playing well will help the team win games.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 1, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)

He's not talking about work ethic if it's the same crap he said last year. He truly loves players with Pierre's skill set. This is the same manager that said in his dream world, he would bat Pierre 3rd.