Twins fire GM

southsider2k5

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

As recently as two weeks ago, Terry Ryan was scouting in the Arizona Fall League. So don't think he's out of the loop.

SI_JonHeyman Jon Heyman

terry ryan has interim tag, but he met with twins front office and said he could stay awhile as gm. batteries are recarged

This doesn't surprise me in the least. He should have been fired simply for keeping Matt Capps over JJ Hardy. He could have done the opposite of that and kept Crain and Rauch at that same price (and Rauch only got 1 year too) and it would have made more sense.

JJ Hardy put up 4.8 WAR this year. Capps and Nishioka put up -1.8.

My prediction is that they hire Matt Lawton in a day or two without interviewing anyone else. He played for the team, he's been out of baseball entirely for a few years and has no formal preparation for it, so that should make him a shoo-in, right?

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
My prediction is that they hire Matt Lawton in a day or two without interviewing anyone else. He played for the team, he's been out of baseball entirely for a few years and has no formal preparation for it, so that should make him a shoo-in, right?

Are you saying Matt Lawton=Robin Ventura?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Hey, neither one of us knows anything about Lawton's baseball intelligence or how he would run the show if he were in charge. None of us is qualified to make an assessment like that.

Denny Hocking>Matt Lawton

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
Denny Hocking>Matt Lawton

Matt LeCroy, period.

If they decide to go in any of these directions, I will have to wait and see. If the owners and front office decide any of them is the man for the job, who am I to say otherwise?

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 06:00 PM)
Hey, neither one of us knows anything about Lawton's baseball intelligence or how he would run the show if he were in charge. None of us is qualified to make an assessment like that.

Pfff LOL. Nothing like bleeding your resentment over to an unrelated thread.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
Ryan is coming back to the Twins.

Why would Hahn be going there?

Plus they brought back Krivsky and still have Radcliffe.

I've read here that Ryan is back on an interim basis. If they go the route of looking for someone internally and externally, we all know Hahn's popularity among GM candidates. Is it that much out of the realm of possibilities?