Braun tests postitive for PEDs

Sockin

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that makes me think Braun may right is that ESPN never let's facts get in the way of a sensational story, but we'll see. However, I don't usually buy the player's, or agent's lame excuses. NOtice they said "didn't intentionally take" which suggest he did take something and they are trying use the un-intentional excuse.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 10, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Here's an NFL Mr. Irrelevant winning $5.4 million earleir this year suing a supplement company for a tainted product. That's more than he'd likely ever make in his NFL career.

That's one I hadn't seen. I've only seen that supplements were tainted with masking agents and minors things not methyltestosterone. That blatant lying about what's helping someone and endangering their health, not just accidentily tainting a substance. This company claimed to be clean where others don't make that promise.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Source: Braun tested positive for a prohibited substance, not a performance-enhancing drug. More coming on FOXSports.com -- Ken Rosenthal

So gonna go with GUY at the GNC told me excuse?

I wonder if it was amphetamines. I think that is the only substance other than the steriod group that is a 50 game suspension.

QUOTE (Soxnfins2256 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
I knew Braunie would have never taken roids. By the way, I'm in Kenosha and I hear a lot about the Brewers on a daily basis during the season and off-season, Braun had a bad calf injury, so he probably took something that he didn't know was banned for the pain.

Not knowing it was banned is not an excuse. This guy has a 10 year contract for like $150 million because of the things his body can do. Putting somehting into that body that you're not 100% certain about deserves a suspension. If you are 100% certain because a doctor or company tells you so, then that's why the legal system exists.

I'm not all about the punishing. Besides, when someone has a major injury, they usually give you a steroid, or some other substance, to help it heal quicker. A good buddy of mine completely blew out his knee in football (ACL, MCL, everything), and they gave him a steroid for faster healing. It's what they do.

QUOTE (Soxnfins2256 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
I'm not all about the punishing. Besides, when someone has a major injury, they usually give you a steroid, or some other substance, to help it heal quicker. A good buddy of mine completely blew out his knee in football (ACL, MCL, everything), and they gave him a steroid for faster healing. It's what they do.

The physician's prescribe a steriod such as prednisone for inflammation after injuries for chronic inflammation. If they gave him an anabolic steriod, it is illegal and a federal offense. He should sue them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Not knowing it was banned is not an excuse. This guy has a 10 year contract for like $150 million because of the things his body can do. Putting somehting into that body that you're not 100% certain about deserves a suspension. If you are 100% certain because a doctor or company tells you so, then that's why the legal system exists.

Not only is this 100% correct, but the only way the drug policy can work.

JeffPassan Jeff Passan

Another source said WADA lab tests B sample using IRMS -- a carbon-isotope-ratio test. Experts say false positives are almost impossible.

BenBadler Ben Badler

NY Daily News source on Braun's test results: "Insanely high...twice the level of the highest test ever taken.

effPassan Jeff Passan

Union could fight it since Braun technically tested positive during old CBA, during which major leaguers found guilty were still protected

JeffPassan Jeff Passan

Source also confirmed that MLB has not lost an arbitration case with PEDs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
JeffPassan Jeff Passan

Another source said WADA lab tests B sample using IRMS -- a carbon-isotope-ratio test. Experts say false positives are almost impossible.

Yeah, that's a solid confirmation of a manufactured, non-body-produced testosterone being present in the system. They really went all out to confirm that this was nothing natural if they're throwing mass specs at the tests.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
Yeah, that's a solid confirmation of a manufactured, non-body-produced testosterone being present in the system. They really went all out to confirm that this was nothing natural if they're throwing mass specs at the tests.

Excatly. I they can tell you it's a non-natural substance, that means not only was the T/E ratio too high but it's from a substance they know. It's almost impossible to have a false positive when you can identify the substance. The ratio can be questioned not the substance.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
Whose body produces test:epitest at 4:1 rate?

I don't think that is physiologically possible. That's why when Braun tested that high it's pretty much guaranteed to be from outside his body.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
I don't think that is physiologically possible. That's why when Braun tested that high it's pretty much guaranteed to be from outside his body.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm just some guy on the internet.

Scenarios:

New trainer - different linament - not aware that it had PEDs in it.

Health Club - tried health drink - PEDs not listed in ingredients.

GNC guy lied to him.

. . .

Just thinking up Braun's excuses for him.

You forgot: Ate contaminated beef from Mexico