2012 Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 24, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
It was not how they advertised it at all. Not one bit.

You werent expecting cheesy action movie with the navy shooting up alien ships?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You werent expecting cheesy action movie with the navy shooting up alien ships?

I was expecting just that. But instead of the Navy we got 1 stupid destroyer and then a museum ship that was essentially mothballed decades ago. The Navy watched the whole thing go down.

I'm going to stop talking about this because it makes me angry.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2012 -> 12:08 PM)
There is zero way I could agree with you any more about this post.

I thought it was actually a very good book for something that was required reading in school.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
So I have to see either The Five Year Engagement or Wanderlust. Anyone see both? Which is better? Both get about the same reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Five Year Engagement has its funny moments. It's a little longer than it should be but it's not bad

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
So I have to see either The Five Year Engagement or Wanderlust. Anyone see both? Which is better? Both get about the same reviews on rotten tomatoes.

I cracked up during The Five Year Engagement.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 25, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)

Wanderlust was very meh. Watch it when it's on HBO.

And, um. MIB3 is really really good.

THE DICTATOR is much better than Bruno, a tick or two below the classic BORAT.

Started watching "Get the Gringo," by the same person who has ATTACK THE BLOCK in their sig...it's not bad, and didn't even realize Mel Gibson had made another movie since Jodie Foster's bomb, THE BEAVER (which wasn't so horrible, just a victim of almost unfathomable real-life events conspiring against it with Gibson's public self-destruction).

QUOTE (Brian @ May 25, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Wanderlust was very meh. Watch it when it's on HBO.

And, um. MIB3 is really really good.

Ended up seeing Wanderlust because we missed The Five Year Engagement. I thought it was pretty good actually. Whoever played Paul Rudd's brother was great. Plus Malin Akerman talking about getting wet? Yes please.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 27, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
Ended up seeing Wanderlust because we missed The Five Year Engagement. I thought it was pretty good actually. Whoever played Paul Rudd's brother was great. Plus Malin Akerman talking about getting wet? Yes please.

I would actually watch it again when it's on cable. I didn't hate it. Just didn't blow me away.

Ken Marino was his brother. Great in Party Down and funny in Role Models.

Edited by Brian

Watched Source Code and The Change-Up.

Both good, major flub in The Change-Up though. They apparently didn't bother to learn when baseball season is. Early on in the movie, they comment on Bateman and his wife's anniversary being in the middle of April. They celebrate it at the end of the movie, which takes place a month after the events of the film. If you've seen it, you can connect the dots.

Can't wait to see Prometheus! Love the Alien movies, love that type of Sci Fi movie period.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Brian @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
I would actually watch it again when it's on cable. I didn't hate it. Just didn't blow me away.

Ken Marino was his brother. Great in Party Down and funny in Role Models.

Dr. Glenn Richie

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 12:46 PM)
THE DICTATOR is much better than Bruno, a tick or two below the classic BORAT.

Started watching "Get the Gringo," by the same person who has ATTACK THE BLOCK in their sig...it's not bad, and didn't even realize Mel Gibson had made another movie since Jodie Foster's bomb, THE BEAVER (which wasn't so horrible, just a victim of almost unfathomable real-life events conspiring against it with Gibson's public self-destruction).

For something released on-demand.... i would say it is pretty darn impressive. Gutsy risk, no matter how it was distributed, in all actuality, it was well worth the experimentation.