2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 08:02 AM)
AMC is at it again........

Walking Dead loses another showrunner as Glen Mazzara leaves over 'creative differences"

Mazzara friend and SOA creater Kurt Sutter had some choice words for AMC....lol

AMC really has a complex when they come to their shows. It is quite amazing how they have consistently done this sort of thing with all of their major shows

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
I was hoping it would get yelled at the end of the proposal scene. I was also hoping there would be another hint of the "mother" at the end of the episode... Either a glimpse of the yellow umbrella, or Ted finally meeting her, or something.

PATRICE!!!!

I just read that they signed on for a 9th season with some last minute convincing of Jason Segal. WTF? I thought it was finally gonna end this year. The last few episodes have been better, but I don't know if I want to sit through another full season.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
I actually really enjoy Chicago Fire.

I have enjoyed it as well. I only wish Chicago had those two ambulance babes......I'd be driving around looking to get into accident near them.....

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)

After 1 and 2, what an awful list. Louie at 3? His show went from a must-watch to an "eh, I guess we don't have anything else on the DVR list." Girls is awful, I still don't see the love for that show after giving it three episodes. Boardwalk is way too low, that's one of the best shows on TV right now. I like the love for Archer, but no The League or Sunny? The League has been dynamite and Sunny, while not as good as it once was, is still better than Bob's Burgers.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
After 1 and 2, what an awful list. Louie at 3? His show went from a must-watch to an "eh, I guess we don't have anything else on the DVR list." Girls is awful, I still don't see the love for that show after giving it three episodes. Boardwalk is way too low, that's one of the best shows on TV right now. I like the love for Archer, but no The League or Sunny? The League has been dynamite and Sunny, while not as good as it once was, is still better than Bob's Burgers.

Yeah that's an odd list.

I gave Children's Hospital a watch once and couldn't stand it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)

While I can agree there may be a couple of head scratchers on their list but The League and Sunny on the best of 2012 list? Ha! Mediocre television at best. You can't tell me that as as you were watching Ruxin, Taco, and the boys running around the Cowboys training facility like keystone cops you were thinking "wow, this is some of the best television out there right now!"

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
While I can agree there may be a couple of head scratchers on their list but The League and Sunny on the best of 2012 list? Ha! Mediocre television at best. You can't tell me that as as you were watching Ruxin, Taco, and the boys running around the Cowboys training facility like keystone cops you were thinking "wow, this is some of the best television out there right now!"

Well sure, every show has cringe-worthy parts. Every Leslie/Ben scene in Parks and Rec is like that. But the episode with Rafi at the pool was easily the funniest episode of television this year. I'm not sure anything can top it. And just about every other episode has been solid.

Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoy The League and Sunny but they're just poorly written, inconsistent comedies right now. For every laugh out loud moment there's at least one cringe inducing moment in each episode, especially with The League. It frustrates the hell out of me since it has the potential to be outstanding.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)

I thought The League took a pretty huge step backwards this season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
I thought The League took a pretty huge step backwards this season.

The shows premised on dudes arguing gets pretty old after a while, and it seems like they try to compensate by leading their plots into the absurd. With Sunny, 3 out of every 5 scenes, and sometimes whole episodes, come off as bad sketch comedy.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
Interesting Doctor Who episode tonight. I'm intrigued as always. Anyone else watch?

I didn't like that it was just a new season teaser. Usually the Christmas episode is a feel-good show that is basically non-canon.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 29, 2012 -> 01:47 AM)
I am really liking Oswin. I thought it would be hard to replace Pond, like it was with Rose, but Im thinking Oswin may do the trick.

She has young Christina Ricci thing about her that I like. I'm wondering about her character as well, knowing what we know of her and her uniqueness.

Loved season one of Homeland. Just started season two and it's already seeming a bit contrived. After 8 years of training and the mission failing, I'd figure Brody would need to be killed off by Al Qaeda. It didn't seem believable that Abu Nazir would agree to let him lay low and infiltrate the administration in order to "influence policy“. You'd think he would start to question his loyalty after failing to complete his mission. And who cares if he killed Tom Walker. That didn't prove anything.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 29, 2012 -> 09:55 AM)
Very sad to see that Leverage got canceled. EXCELLENT final episode. My wife was in tears

when she thought they all died

Hope it pops up on Netflix Streaming. Heard good things