2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
We weren't convinced that he was being honest with Skylar. Maybe he told her that because he wants to spend more time with his kids, and she can't launder anymore money anyway.

I'd imagine him being gone at 3-4 in the morning though would be an easy tip off that he's not really done. And then they wouldn't be the happy family again.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
You sure he hit it again? I thought he was just staring at it for a while. I assumed the shot of the beaten up dispenser was just eluding to the time he did it before. There was a lot of "remember this?" stuff throughout this episode.

I have a hard time believing a hospital would go over a year without replacing something so f***ed up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Well there is always a chance that Hank lets Walt off the hook...

Hank figuring out Walt's role doesnt really jive with the flashforward, as no way is Walt fighting the DEA with a gun. There has to be another intervening invent.

Hank was psychologically disturbed by "chasing a monster." I don't think he'll be letting Walt off.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Well there is always a chance that Hank lets Walt off the hook...

Hank figuring out Walt's role doesnt really jive with the flashforward, as no way is Walt fighting the DEA with a gun. There has to be another intervening invent.

Maybe if he was just dealing drugs. But considering how many murders he has been involved with, no way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
Not to mention THEY TRIED TO KILL HIM!

When did Walt try and kill Hank?

Im pretty sure Walt has stopped people from going after Hank.

Hank just seems like he does care about his family, also its going to make Hank look like a fool. He was chasing this big time dealer and it was his brother in law.

It may ruin his career.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)

Hank just seems like he does care about his family, also its going to make Hank look like a fool. He was chasing this big time dealer and it was his brother in law.

It may ruin his career.

Hank wussing out would ruin his whole story arc and make it pointless.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 05:11 PM)
Hank wussing out would ruin his whole story arc and make it pointless.

No it wouldnt.

It would show that Hank is no different than Walt. You protect your family. It would be perfectly in line with his character, he would be flawed, just like everyone else.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 05:59 PM)
A multi-season arc that results in nothing happening would be awful.

You have an interesting definition of nothing happening.

A million things have happened, the only thing that wouldnt happen is that Hank, someone whose character has been portrayed as extremely loyal and family oriented, would remain loyal/family oriented and wouldnt break his character, just to get 1 more arrest.

Wont that truly be the shocking ending. That after all of that Hank doesnt go after Walt/Sklyar, because he doesnt want his family destroyed?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)

It may ruin his career.

The cartel, which Walt took over for, and was dealing his blue stuff. If you are Hank, are you really making a distinction there?

Im not saying this will happen, I am saying based on the evidence there is a chance it happens.

As for the cartel v hank, um of course Id make a distinction.

Just like if I was Hank Id hope the DEA would make a distinction between a DEA agent taking bribes from his drug dealer brother in law who he conveniently couldnt catch and a DEA agent who took money from his drug dealing brother in law accidentally because he was to stupid too figure out he was the guy he was chasing.

There really is very little way this ends well for Hank. No one in the world is going to believe that Hank wasnt working with Walt. And what incentive does Walt have to not lie about Hank?

Hank just doesnt have great options.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 04:21 AM)
Watched the first episode of Strike Back on Cinemax last night. Good show. Hopefully the pace keeps up.

Its a great show. I've gotten caught up and watched the whole 1st season (technically, it is the 2nd season; there was a 1st season done only in England).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
Its a great show. I've gotten caught up and watched the whole 1st season (technically, it is the 2nd season; there was a 1st season done only in England).

I didn't realize until after I posted that there was two seasons. I don't have Cinemax; my in-laws taped the shws for us. I was happy to find out that there's a second season that started in August.

There have been comparisons to 24, and I can see that. It's funny how with 24, Jack's catch phrase was "Damn it!" while on Strike Back, Scott's catch phrase is "f*** me."

I bought the latest DVD set of Sons of Anarchy and I'm trying to get through it as fast as I can so I can finally be caught up for the start of the new season next week.

It really sucked not being able to watch the show last season but it's kind of nice not having to wait a week between each episode. Also no commercials so I can get through the episodes in 45 mins instead of an hour.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 04:30 AM)
I didn't realize until after I posted that there was two seasons. I don't have Cinemax; my in-laws taped the shws for us. I was happy to find out that there's a second season that started in August.

There have been comparisons to 24, and I can see that. It's funny how with 24, Jack's catch phrase was "Damn it!" while on Strike Back, Scott's catch phrase is "f*** me."

It is what replaced my 24. I don't have cinemax either, but they had a free preview when they kicked off the most recent season and during that preview, they had a rerun of all of the prior season episodes so I DVR'd them all (while I had my free cinemax).

Watched the whole season really quickly. Thoroughly entertained. No nonsense action flick with some pretty cool scenes for a TV show. Plus I dig the characters a lot. Scott is awesome.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:53 AM)
Dan is so incredibly good at big brother its not even funny. They have kept a previous winner in the game this late and have let him guide their decisions? Amazing.

It's like when bostOn Rob won Survivor.