White Sox @ Texas Rangers April 6 OPENING DAY GAME THREAD

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most important thing I'm seeing is more patience at the plate. Yeah, they've popped out a lot, but it's far more important in the long run if the lineup gets into a habit of making pitchers work and getting deep into counts. Alexei and AJ aside of course. But that'll be that way all year.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Pop out to third and every infielder will have a pop up.

3 infield pop ups, 2 K's and a caught stealing....

don't forget the hit and the walk, though

I don't think I mentioned this in another thread, but I hate the idea of Morel batting 2nd. He's so much more effective when he's aggressive and trying to pull the ball at the plate. However, I feel like he's going to try and hit it to the right side a lot and take more pitches batting 2nd. I would have rather had AJP or Alexei batting 2nd, and make Morel prove himself this year.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
I know it worked because they scored...but I am surprised by the bunt there. Both Andrus and Kinsler have owned Danks. Why give up the out in the 1st inning? I guess I am just too anti-bunt.

With Hamilton/Beltre/Young/Cruz coming up. I agree that the bunt is a bad decision there.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 01:29 PM)
Most important thing I'm seeing is more patience at the plate. Yeah, they've popped out a lot, but it's far more important in the long run if the lineup gets into a habit of making pitchers work and getting deep into counts. Alexei and AJ aside of course. But that'll be that way all year.

Agreed. I was thinking of that until I saw all the pop-ups...let's see how it progresses throughout the game and if they keep the same strategy.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
Agreed. I was thinking of that until I saw all the pop-ups...let's see how it progresses throughout the game and if they keep the same strategy.

Even if they pop up 10 more times in this game, if they work the count, things will even out. And as the season wears on, those pop ups become line drives.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 01:35 PM)
Texas is loaded.

If we win two games this series it may be cause for wild drunkenness.

?

It's 1-0 after 2 innings. They scored on a 2B-bunt-sac fly.