5/5/12 Sox vs Cats 3:05 CT

Jake

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
Tigers 10-1 this season when scoring first.

Sox might not even get a hit today.

Then it'll be the dreaded trying to salvage one win in the series contest on Sunday.

Edited by greg775

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
How about moving Viciedo back to 3rd? Great, Miguel Cabrera has more range than Morel and Alexei today.

Alexei's play in that inning pisses me off. How bout a web gem on the road?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
Why not?

I actually wouldn't mind that unless the White Sox know something about his defense/state of conditioning that I don't know.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
Are you honestly trying to say that we are having terrible luck because of a blown save last night? Because that's how the Sox are losing right now. Terrible luck.

I'm honestly saying that there is a real possiblity the Sox don't score today...and if they do score it will be 1 or 2. That is laying down. I can't watch the body language anymore. I'm turning on the radio feed. It will make me less angry.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
Why not?

I wouldn't be against it if the organization determines Morel isn't a MLB caliber starting corner infielder. Especially if they want to get Mitchell into the outfield mix in a year or so, it would open up an outfield spot. However, I fully expect balta to hate me for this entire post:)

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Poor Jake. Shoulda had a win last night.

Pitiful.

I love that guy.

You wouldn't make much of a relief pitcher with that kind of memory :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
Funny, I recall you hating him last year and saying he was one of the reasons Ozzie was gone.

I still think we should dump his salary.

I always liked his attitude.

I also said no way Robin could take him out of the game before they scored the third run.

He's a bulldog.

If Sox had all Peavy mentalities they'd win.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:47 PM)
How's he been defensively this year? He's been pretty damn good against the Sox.

He's been just fine in all aspects other than his range. That's the only knock on him really.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
I'm honestly saying that there is a real possiblity the Sox don't score today...and if they do score it will be 1 or 2. That is laying down. I can't watch the body language anymore. I'm turning on the radio feed. It will make me less angry.

Max is also looking pretty awesome today. Tons of movement on everything.

Breaking news, Fielder bloops a single to CF. I am honestly just laughing now how comical these f***ing hits have been. I feel like we are getting Minnesota Twin'd right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Then it'll be the dreaded trying to salvage one win in the series contest on Sunday.

If Humber pitches anywhere close to as bad as he has in his last two starts...tomorrows game has 9-2 written all over it. They can feel sorry for themselves heading into Monday's DH.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
I still think we should dump his salary.

I always liked his attitude.

I also said no way Robin could take him out of the game before they scored the third run.

He's a bulldog.

If Sox had all Peavy mentalities they'd win.

No greg, if the Sox all had Peavy's above average ability, they'd win. Morel could be the most grindy player ever, but if he continues to pull his head off the ball, he's going to suck.

I also think pitching Peavy in September that one year was total bulls***.

If the Sox are so worried about Sale why did they put Peavy on display one month when the season was OVA?

Cause KW wanted to save his own hide and get him on the field.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
Poor Jake. Shoulda had a win last night.

Pitiful.

I love that guy.

Yeah...I love the guy who is finally earning some of the money that he has stolen from this organization over the past couple of seasons. We surely could have used this Peavy the last couple of seasons more than this one.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Yeah...I love the guy who is finally earning some of the money that he has stolen from this organization over the past couple of seasons. We surely could have used this Peavy the last couple of seasons more than this one.

It will be interesting if Peavy signs with the Cubs this offseason.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
If Humber pitches anywhere close to as bad as he has in his last two starts...tomorrows game has 9-2 written all over it. They can feel sorry for themselves heading into Monday's DH.

It's just a matter of time they have a disastrous road trip after playing so poorly at home.

Losing at home is a sign of a poor baseball team and ultimately leads to a disastrous road trip or two before the team is totally insignificant.

This has been talked about over and over, but I really can't blame Jake Peavy for his lat tearing off the bone. We can think that maybe this thing and that thing made it happen, but we don't know. We likely didn't pay at least one of his seasons of salary anyway. By all accounts he's a really good guy that wants to earn his salary.